Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Mustang Chat Room / More Outlaw specials
« Last post by Reborn67 on December 03, 2018, 08:20:09 PM »
Another Oulaw special if any is interested..,
Wanted To Buy / Re: Wanted to buy 1964 1/2 parts
« Last post by big al on December 03, 2018, 04:03:11 PM »
I have a Genuine 64 1/2 Bonnet in good condition, and a R/H headlight bucket also to suit 64 1/2

Both correct

Al
Tech Torque 1979 to 2014 / Re: Airbags for 1995 GT convertible
« Last post by big al on December 03, 2018, 03:58:06 PM »
Hi Grant,

Is the car a Cobra or just standard Mustang GT?

Also what colour do you require as I have someone that has some

Al
Mustang Chat Room / Re: Over heating 67
« Last post by Mustangpaul on December 03, 2018, 12:35:43 PM »
In my first Mustang I was lined up at a formal, I had to turn the motor off and once through the line up I just sat there waiting for help form a friend to get home, My 2nd Mustang came with a new radiator in the shipping container, from CJ Pony Parts,  this one has never overheated, after 50 years they've done a lot of work, I only got caught with that one once.
Mustang Chat Room / Re: Best way to buy a Mustang
« Last post by gbader on December 03, 2018, 10:22:36 AM »
Ms B

As others have said, popping into a club meet is a good idea (MOCWA) - not really a boys club as such (lots of lady members) but it is more an older crowd (commensurate with the cars  :smile01:). There is a also the S550 group on FB (that's mainly the new mustangs and not really a formal club, mainly a bunch of like minded owners and I reckon that has more female owners than males), many are members of both.

Also on FB are various groups (Steel Bumper Buy and Sell) that tends to get a few mustangs - there is a reasonably nice 65 coupe there for 18k (6 cyl though) and was a nice convertible for around 35 as well

You have a reasonable budget and you will find something, is a 6-8 important and what about RHD v LHD? - all these help you narrow down you list

cheers
« Last post by Ms. B on December 03, 2018, 10:11:25 AM »
Thank you so much to everyone who has replied, I really appreciate it.

I've been thinking of joining the WA Mustang Club. I've just felt a bit anxious about joining a boys club, but I probably need to get over that and just do it.

USA066, my budget is the 30-35,000 mark. Much as I would love to spend more, it just isn't practical. It's a heck of a lot for a toy as it is.

Thanks robster for your suggestions. Some of that information is familiar, but a lot of it is new to me, so I'll do some more research into those points.

I've moved on from driving the Nullabor thanks to the advice you've all given me. GEOFF289, I'm a bit reluctant to search too much further afield. Particularly as I'm not the one that should be inspecting them as I don't know what to look for. I take your point about the cost of airfares, but when I'm a bit clueless, me going to look at a car probably isn't money well spent.

Thanks again!
« Last post by GEOFF289 on December 03, 2018, 08:51:18 AM »
Unless you end up with a car that gives total confidence of its performance and reliability in all road and weather conditions I wouldn't take the gamble of crossing the Nullabor in it. Different entirely going from say Melbourne to Sydney or Adelaide to Melbourne.

Apart from anything else, early Mustangs have relatively small fuel tanks. Its a long time since I crossed the Nullarbor but you could find the distances between refuelling opportunities a bit of a challenge in a tired old car in dubious tune with degraded compression and a loose auto trans. The first ones (64-66) also had somewhat marginal cooling systems which could be an issue if you were making this trip in the next few months even in highway conditions.

If like so many of us having a Mustang in your garage is your dream I wouldn't be limiting myself to WA and SA. There are obviously more of them on the East Coast and the cost of a flight to inspect one and transporting it home will be forgotten when you can't get the smile off your face. Members on here in all states can help in all sorts of ways.
Tech Torque 1979 to 2014 / Re: Airbags for 1995 GT convertible
« Last post by jiffy on December 03, 2018, 07:49:17 AM »
Here’s one in the UK, they have a surface mail option which USPS no longer offer.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustang-SN95-1994-98-Passenger-Air-Bag-Unit-/232992634162
« Last post by Dwayne on December 03, 2018, 07:08:26 AM »
Here's some cars the SA members are selling:

http://sa.mustang.org.au/cars-for-sale/cars-for-sale
Wanted To Buy / Wanted to buy 1964 1/2 parts
« Last post by national-mustangs on December 03, 2018, 06:31:52 AM »
Hey guys, chasing a right hand headlight assembly, bonnet, left hand door and coupe boot lid for a 1964 1/2 coupe, prefer rust free panels must be genuine not repo, contact us on 03 9042 6150 or pm
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Visit Custom Mustangs