Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Mustang Chat Room / Re: 65 D code fastback
« Last post by BAC on June 15, 2018, 11:49:51 AM »
Just to add to the discussion, the first 'production' Mustang ever built was a convertible with VIN # 5F08F10001 and featured on Jay Leno's "50 Years of Mustang" interview with Lee Iacocca. 

Currently on display in the Henry Ford museum, don't believe it was ever sold to the public.
General Chat Room / Re: 20% off at VPW eBay store
« Last post by cap70 on June 15, 2018, 11:49:04 AM »
If its anything like there actual store nothing you want is in stock, 3 times now I have called to see if they have a part and been told they had it yet when going to the store to pick it up they say oh no none in stock the computer says we still have one. then get told oh wait its on back order, one time I could believe but 3 separate times says BS to me.
« Last post by HAMBURGLAR on June 15, 2018, 11:45:48 AM »
Does anyone know where to buy an AOD non electronic or a good 3 spd box to suit a 347. Don't want something that has to be rebuilt , just throw straight in with stally. Cheers
New South Wales - Canberra ACT / Re: The Spotto thread
« Last post by StephenSLR on June 15, 2018, 08:37:00 AM »
66 fastback, GT350 Clone, bright yellow with white stripes.

Parramatta Rd, Ashfield yesterday around 12:40pm

s
Wanted To Buy / Re: 65/66 Fastback
« Last post by robgarns on June 15, 2018, 08:36:41 AM »
Shouldn't have sold the red one!! Mate wants to build a classic rally car - plenty of good notchbacks around but heart set on a fastback!!

« Last post by shaunp on June 15, 2018, 08:24:36 AM »
You just have to bide your time , Ive got Dart blocks rods, cranks , AFR heads etc all from the ebay store, I normally get cams from Summit or custom direct from the source
« Last post by bigmal on June 15, 2018, 07:03:59 AM »
Bugger  :tissue: Just ruined my night bigmal. Might give them a call and see if they are willing to lose a sale cause its not on Ebay.

I had already called and they would not apply the discount direct from the shop. A real shame because I'm looking at a manifold, cam, lifters and rockers. Will just have to wait for an email with the store offering the discount. I'm not in a hurry.
Tech Torque Pre 1973 / Re: Broken leaf
« Last post by peter9231 on June 15, 2018, 04:18:05 AM »
East coast Mustangs in Lilydale.
I imported myself and I know of people who are importing via container all the time.

While many only use straps, nearly all container shippers now use wood and place blocks around the wheel to ensure it doesn't move. The only horror story I know are cars that get damaged during loading/unloading.

I also knew a guy who had his container fall off a ship and the marine line didn't reimburse anything, they actually went after him for the shipping charges!

And apparently there are other problems with shipping classics if they don't run and drive without an issue, see here: https://www.wcshipping.com/blog/shipping-classic-cars-container-vs-roro
Mustang Chat Room / Re: 65 D code fastback
« Last post by barnett468 on June 15, 2018, 12:24:00 AM »
??? What did you have Barnett

I don't remember the exact vin or data plate info because I have had over 500 mustangs but I have it saved on my other computer along with several photos but it has an issue at the moment so I need to take it to someone to get it looked at but GLENN or steve lond or tony gerace might have seen it when they were here.

I was built in san jose and i think it was an A code. It was rangoon red (orange) with a white pin stripe white interior, power steering and ac. I bought it in palm springs from the son or grandson of a well known actor or producer. it had some memorabilia in the trunk from the movies and some stuff about boris karloff.

it had all 64 1/2 pieces on it like the headlight housings, carpet, A on the dash vent etc. i sold it to a collector in germany.

i knew it was a very early car by the vin and all the 64 1/2 pieces so i researched it and it was built 6 weeks earlier than another fastback that was the earliest one known. being the earliest one known still does not mean it was the first because the actual first one may have been wrecked or rusting away in some farmers field etc so there really is no way to say for certain so for me it was more of a novelty than an extremely valuable car and was just another one to make a few dollars on although i really wanted to keep it, however, with the right advertising etc, the one i had would still probably ring a ridiculous price at barrett jackson today.

if i ever get my other computer going again i will make a thread and post the photos and door tag info.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Visit Custom Mustangs