Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Tech Torque Pre 1973 / Re: Large single pipe exhaust, replacing muffler
« Last post by Ray68 on Today at 06:42:36 PM »
I had Redback mufflers put on my 68. Nice deep sound, no drone and sounds great as the revs pick up. Local exhaust shop stocked them.

http://redbackperformance.com.au/about
It widens the track to 67 width. if you use 67 tower, If you have an RRS strut front end just notch the towers you dont have to do the full  notch just cut the bumps off where the top arms used to be  Or chuck away the 351 and build dart 363 nocth
Mustang Chat Room / Re: Lloyds auctions mustang parts
« Last post by blackthunder1970 on Today at 06:02:40 PM »
hi
thanks for that i be bidding on all the 70 parts up for grabs
cheers
barry
« Last post by BAC on Today at 05:37:54 PM »
Would this amount be the going rate? It's been 14 years since I bought a muffler, so I have no idea.
With type, I wanted a muffler that was not going to emit a drone and was a little quieter than the Turbo one that I have now. What do you guys recommend? One with a baffle, or one that is straight through?

Cheap crap mufflers retail for $80-$90 so $150 delivered for a quality brand isn't too bad IMHO.  On the sound, I always thought straight through mufflers were louder/dronier than baffled/chambered ones but turns out these days the opposite is true. 

So either the MagnaFlow MF Performance or the Pyper Race Pro that Shaun recommends would probably be OK. Both of them will still be loud-ish when you stomp on the accelerator but should be more civilised at idle and cruising on part throttle.

Best to read a few reviews first then make up your mind.  :thumb:
« Last post by Tarheel on Today at 05:25:50 PM »
Both the Pypes and MaganFlows are available form US sellers on Ebay Australia with cheaper shipping than what I quoted above.   Brings the landed price down to around $150 in each case.
Ok, thanks. Would this amount be the going rate? It's been 14 years since I bought a muffler, so I have no idea.
With type, I wanted a muffler that was not going to emit a drone and was a little quieter than the Turbo one that I have now. What do you guys recommend? One with a baffle, or one that is straight through?
My understanding is that the testing is done overseas and then confirmed by Quarantine here.

Ahh, OK - makes more sense now.  Just in case you didn't know, it's not mandatory to have the car tested overseas before shipping to Australia. 

Benefit of getting it done before shipping is that any suspect parts can be replaced, downside is Oz Customs can choose to ignore the results of any testing you've had done and insist it be re-tested (at you expense) once it lands here.  So worst case you can end up paying twice, whereas if you wing it and just put it through untested chances are it will not be inspected at all.
My understanding is that the testing is done overseas and then confirmed by Quarantine here.
Mustang Chat Room / 60"s MUSTANG WANTED
« Last post by crustydave on Today at 04:02:24 PM »
Hi I am looking to purchase a 1960's V8 Mustang around 40k mark in NSW. Must be in good condition.
Thanks
Will
Tech Torque 1979 to 2014 / Re: Headlight Conversion LHD
« Last post by gstsaver on Today at 03:59:42 PM »
Thanks Ausfox

There is a piece of the legislation (2nd edition ADR 5b) that exempts having to have sash belts basically dependant on a measurement of their being a permanent structure 350mm above the SRP

Where did you mount the sash belt for the rear seats on that convertible ?  Did you have to install a structure behind the rear seat ?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Visit Custom Mustangs