Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Chat Room / Re: Bugger (Beware)
« Last post by Dwayne on Today at 01:27:02 PM »
I was told never to use those filters as they easily catch on fire with backfires.
General Chat Room / Bugger (Beware)
« Last post by J.hatzivalsamis on Today at 01:23:40 PM »
Sunday morning getting ready for a coffee and donut cruise pulled the stang out of its corral parked on driveway admired , went in showered clean clothes jump in fired up idled nicely goes to accelerate and the backfiring started must've woken the neighbors went around the block thinking it would clear up but nothing just constant backfiring. Pulled up mate came overand we started to eliminate issues, checked fuel spark timing carby this is now happening for an hour 35 degree heat and 90% humidity and I'm dripping all over the place anyway with the air filter off we give it another crank she fires and big backfire and spits out a plastic plug from air filter base, we saw it missing but figured fell out not in carby. This is the air filter if you have one check the black plastic plugs with silicone.
Tech Torque Pre 1973 / Re: Carburetor advice please
« Last post by barnett468 on Today at 12:47:57 PM »
Maybe a 670 Holley street avenger vac sec . Then with a lighter Spring .  If it's a manual then maybe a 650 DP .

Pretty average quality carb unfortunately and I wouldn't use one on a 390 for sure.
I donít have the time to post, sorry
I have bid so we will see what happens. Thanks for the offer Geoff
If any forum member wins this I'm happy to go pick it up and post it you. It's just a few minutes away from me.
Location in Melbourne?

Rowville 3178
Thats a good deal, unfortunately you don't offer postage.
Mustang Chat Room / Re: Fastback carpet??
« Last post by unilec5544 on Today at 08:35:21 AM »
Two piece. Overlaps beneath the front seats.
LHD or RHD? Pads for driver's feet on one side or the other. Contact one of the suppliers advertised to the right. Depending what colour you need and if LHD ex-USA it would usually be a stock item.

This is someone that has a tru fit carpet for sale, but claims its a one piece.Not sure as I had no carpet in my FB. If i had to buy one I would go to tru fit anyway.
Guys I'm dropping the tranny. Halfway there and will update the thread with what I find.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Visit Custom Mustangs