Import Info Needed-the fatkid clone

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Import Info Needed-the fatkid clone  (Read 1288 times)

Offline shane427

• Pony
« on: February 12, 2010, 01:53:53 PM »
Ok, so after not too long seriously looking (years dreaming though) I have taken the plunge and bought a fastback.

Even if it is the piece of sh1t stuck together by Shermatt:+, it should come up looking real sweet with not too much effort.;2

What im after, while waiting for Matt to finish playing and me sorting $$, is info related to importing/customs on this end. Like many posts here there seems to be a distinct lack of info out there. This is more for info on what steps exactly need to be done rather then how much it costs....
1) Reccomendations for custom agents (WA) and are they needed?
2) If not used what steps are required to be completed i.e forms to fill in, organisation of AQIS etc
3) When do you pay GST/other costs etc
4) Any other advice to get the car in my driveway

Cheers,
Shane

Offline ChilliChadd

• Worked
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 03:32:06 PM »
You may want to try Wayne or Blake at America West In Malaga, or Vince from American Auto parts.

6R07C*** Body-65A, Hardtop, standard interior, Colour-4, Silver Frost metallic, Trim-26, Black Crinkle Vinyl and Black Rosette Vinyl.
Date-03B, February 3rd ( same as the misus) D.S.O-72, San Jose Axle-F 2.80:1, Limited Slip

Offline djc

• Stallion
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 02:43:38 AM »
Get your self a customs agent as its money well spent.  

Make sure you declare everything and have no surprises as it can hold things up, make sure you know exactly what is in your car so you can declare it and not get a surprise

Offline non member

• Top Streeter
  • Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 02:56:06 AM »
Originally posted by djc
Get your self a customs agent as its money well spent.  

Make sure you declare everything and have no surprises as it can hold things up, make sure you know exactly what is in your car so you can declare it and not get a surprise

So true, could not agree more.

I am here in the US writing my manifest that is two pages already & the container is only half packed. Off to work now to finish.

Cleaning everthing takes the time as well. Then coating with WD40 to give it the "cleaned, debugged & protected" look. Helps with AQIS

Visit Custom Mustangs

Visit Custom Mustangs