Author Topic: Looking also!!  (Read 11409 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Cyclone

  • Pony
  • **
  • Posts: 28
Looking also!!
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2009, 05:57:09 PM »
Quote
Originally posted by 67gt350aus
hi all just got my mustang from the USA and used a company called foytt shipping and auto, Pete Tate is the contact in California and he has a fellow here in Aus as well,
I cant thank Pete and Andy enough for all there help they found my new toy and also did the settlement and handled all the paperwork for me
there web site is www.foytt.com
cya
kym


I emailed Foytt some 2 weeks ago 2 emails and not 1 reply, needless to say i wont be using them.

Offline rocket

  • Please visit our new Website
  • Blue Printed
  • ****
  • Posts: 1621
  • MOCSA Member No. 894
    • Image Classic Cars
  • Location: South Australia
Looking also!!
« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2009, 06:33:46 PM »
Quote
Originally posted by Cyclone
Quote
Originally posted by 67gt350aus
hi all just got my mustang from the USA and used a company called foytt shipping and auto, Pete Tate is the contact in California and he has a fellow here in Aus as well,
I cant thank Pete and Andy enough for all there help they found my new toy and also did the settlement and handled all the paperwork for me
there web site is www.foytt.com
cya
kym


I emailed Foytt some 2 weeks ago 2 emails and not 1 reply, needless to say i wont be using them.


Cyclone, have you bought a car and need it shipped?
If so - send me a pm and i will give you all the details required to ship it.

rocket.
Check out our new Website

http://www.imageclassiccars.com.au/

Offline rattusrex

  • Worked
  • ***
  • Posts: 247
Looking also!!
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2009, 09:20:06 PM »
I used Foytt to bring in an F100. It took nearly 12 weeks to travel from Michigan to final release in Sydney. The first transporter, which was due on a Wednesday, broke down. It was picked up on the Labor Day long weekend, the driver partied for 3-4 days in Chicago and it finally arrived in L.A. 9 days later. A stuff up with the paperwork of the other vehicle sharing the container delayed shipment a further 2 weeks. When the vehicle finally arrived, it had damage to the tailgate. Costs...Michigan to Sydney $US3100, Port Botany handling charges, cartage, AQIS, Customs, unpacking etc $Aus1600. Total including GST about $8,000. One term I especially liked was dunnage. My vehicle came in with two boats which belonged to Foytts. They were packed one above the other. I got to pay a share of the cost of disposing of the wood they were secured with. Eddie
Click Image For Larger View

Offline rattusrex

  • Worked
  • ***
  • Posts: 247
Looking also!!
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2009, 10:06:10 PM »
Quote
Originally posted by rattusrex
I used Foytt to bring in an F100. It took nearly 12 weeks to travel from Michigan to final release in Sydney. The first transporter, which was due on a Wednesday, broke down. It was picked up on the Labor Day long weekend, the driver partied for 3-4 days in Chicago and it finally arrived in L.A. 9 days later. A stuff up with the paperwork of the other vehicle sharing the container delayed shipment a further 2 weeks. When the vehicle finally arrived, it had damage to the tailgate. Costs...Michigan to Sydney $US3100, Port Botany handling charges, cartage, AQIS, Customs, unpacking etc $Aus1600. Total including GST about $8,000. One term I especially liked was dunnage. My vehicle came in with two boats which belonged to Foytts. They were packed one above the other. I got to pay a share of the cost of disposing of the wood they were secured with. Eddie
 
Since posting this I've had a further discussion with Pete Tate of Foytt Shipping & Auto. We both agreed, given the circumstances, that the shipping time was  probably two weeks more than it should have been but was still quick compared with some shippers. They did keep me advised at all times. My comment about the truck driver was perhaps a little harsh, he is entitled to holidays as we all are. Eddie
Click Image For Larger View

Offline chrisevo

  • Thoroughbred
  • **
  • Posts: 142
Looking also!!
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2010, 04:17:24 PM »
Hi Cage

If you get the info on the import costs I'd also like to know myself as I am just starting to have a look around now. I'm in Sydney and there doesn't seem to be a lot of knowledge on actual costs (Govt charges, freight, mods req'd for Aust. standards etc) to import a car. I'm looking for a nice '64 - 66 coupe.
Evo

Offline Spooky

  • Worked
  • ***
  • Posts: 279
Looking also!!
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2010, 04:29:58 PM »
Quote
Originally posted by chrisevo
Hi Cage

If you get the info on the import costs I'd also like to know myself as I am just starting to have a look around now. I'm in Sydney and there doesn't seem to be a lot of knowledge on actual costs (Govt charges, freight, mods req'd for Aust. standards etc) to import a car. I'm looking for a nice '64 - 66 coupe.
Evo

The best I can do is outline my costs so far and what I expect it to cost:
Ship from Florida to Longbeach = US$1195
Ship from Longbeach to Brisbane including all cost except GST and AQIS = AU$3,800
Ship from Brisbane to Sydney = AU$450
Import approval application = $50
Shipping insurance door-to-door = AU$375
GST 10% of cost of car plus shipping

I have chosen to do the compliance and blueslip here on my 64 1/2 doing the work myself. My shipper (Geezers) quoted AU$1,500 for compliance and blueslip (a bit high in my opinion)

Blueslip seems to be $120 but varies assuming everything is right.

That is what I have so far. My car will, hopefully, be on it's way this week.
[align=center]
[/align]

Offline non member

  • Top Streeter
  • ******
  • Posts: 3059
  • Account Closed
Looking also!!
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2010, 04:33:13 PM »
Quote
Originally posted by chrisevo
Hi Cage

If you get the info on the import costs I'd also like to know myself as I am just starting to have a look around now. I'm in Sydney and there doesn't seem to be a lot of knowledge on actual costs (Govt charges, freight, mods req'd for Aust. standards etc) to import a car. I'm looking for a nice '64 - 66 coupe.
Evo


Thats because it varies from car to car, year to year. The freight varies from the US end depending on the timing etc. I am waiting on a new price for a container now, as my last one was quoted in Dec.

A good agent in Syd would be able to give you a ball park on the costs on the Syd end, however that too will vary on the price & cost of shipping of the car (that is combined for duty calculation)

Offline dalex

  • Worked
  • ***
  • Posts: 642
Looking also!!
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2010, 09:08:23 PM »
IMHO there is a tendency here to understate the cost of import. In my case I shipped a car and household, however the cost that I associate with car are as follows. All is Aussie dollar assuming $0.88 against USD for the US dollar items.

1) Import Approval $50
2) Aircon degas and kit to regas when home $75
3) Pack, truck and train Dallas to LA $870
4) Sea Freight $2,450 (half the cost of a 40' container)
5) Marine Insurance $200
6) Gate Fee $44
7) GST $1,850
8) Quarantine fee $70
9) Agency Fee $165
10) Local movement from Port to Bonded warehouse $260
11) Steam Cleaning $270
12) Tray truck Delivery to regional Victoria $400

This is $6,700 AUD and does not include RWC, Registration and Stamp Duty, which will run it up to $8k.

I am sure if you had 3 or 4 cars in a container you could shave the cost to $5k, however I think the $8 to $10k that Cage started this post with is not a bad yard stick to cover the cost and provide some contingency.

cheers

Dale

Offline ponyride

  • Blue Printed
  • ****
  • Posts: 1388
Looking also!!
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2010, 10:47:20 PM »
Quote
Originally posted by dalex
IMHO there is a tendency here to understate the cost of import. In my case I shipped a car and household, however the cost that I associate with car are as follows. All is Aussie dollar assuming $0.88 against USD for the US dollar items.

1) Import Approval $50
2) Aircon degas and kit to regas when home $75
3) Pack, truck and train Dallas to LA $870
4) Sea Freight $2,450 (half the cost of a 40' container)
5) Marine Insurance $200
6) Gate Fee $44
7) GST $1,850
8) Quarantine fee $70
9) Agency Fee $165
10) Local movement from Port to Bonded warehouse $260
11) Steam Cleaning $270
12) Tray truck Delivery to regional Victoria $400

This is $6,700 AUD and does not include RWC, Registration and Stamp Duty, which will run it up to $8k.

I am sure if you had 3 or 4 cars in a container you could shave the cost to $5k, however I think the $8 to $10k that Cage started this post with is not a bad yard stick to cover the cost and provide some contingency.

cheers

Dale


I agree Dale, and also the exchange rate. If you're buying a car for let's say $25k U.S. then that's going to cost you an extra $2,500 + depending on who you use to do the exchange. Stamp duty on the car plus shipping is going to add another $3,000 odd give or take. It's not a cheap exercise.

Has to be $10k minimum.
Rick

Offline ponyride

  • Blue Printed
  • ****
  • Posts: 1388
Looking also!!
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2010, 10:48:10 PM »
When I said stamp duty I meant GST...
Rick

Offline USAtoAUS

  • Stallion
  • **
  • Posts: 54
    • www.usatoaus.com
Looking also!!
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2010, 11:04:01 PM »
Quote
Originally posted by chrisevo
Hi Cage

If you get the info on the import costs I'd also like to know myself as I am just starting to have a look around now. I'm in Sydney and there doesn't seem to be a lot of knowledge on actual costs (Govt charges, freight, mods req'd for Aust. standards etc) to import a car. I'm looking for a nice '64 - 66 coupe.
Evo


Evo,

Have a look at our site for a good idea on what costs are involved. It lays it all out for you. The only additional costs are optional insurance and any AQIS activity once the car is inspected.

We just landed a 1966 and '71 Mustang in Melbourne last week. A 1967 and '68 will land this week. Another 1966 lands in Brisbane this week. We booked a 1966 for Melbourne this week and have a 1969 Mach 1 headed to Sydney soon. The car below cleared Fremantle just before Christmas.

Have a gander and if you see something you like let us know.

http://www.usatoaus.com/Buy.aspx?price=0&minprice=0&description=False%20&keyword=mustang


Shipping from the USAtoAUS (BRI - FRE - MEL - SYD)
www.USAtoAUS.com

Offline used2have1

  • Pony
  • **
  • Posts: 42
Looking also!!
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2010, 07:59:19 AM »
Sanp !!!! MAD MAX IS BACK

       ;z

Offline ponyride

  • Blue Printed
  • ****
  • Posts: 1388
Looking also!!
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2010, 11:51:04 AM »
Quote
Originally posted by USAtoAUS

 The car below cleared Fremantle just before Christmas.

Have a gander and if you see something you like let us know.

http://www.usatoaus.com/Buy.aspx?price=0&minprice=0&description=False%20&keyword=mustang




I hope I see that fastback around town somewhere, that is a nice job.
Rick

Offline Yellow66

  • Worked
  • ***
  • Posts: 356
  • Location: Queanbeyan, NSW
  • Car: 1966 coupe & 1969 Mach 1
Looking also!!
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2010, 08:14:20 PM »
I used John Cain to import my GT Fastback a couple of years ago (since used him to import a heap of parts) and he was fantastic.  Cost was $3250 all in, no extra or hidden costs.  Car was shipped from Orange, California to Newcastle and was here in 21 days.  The cars are imported into Sydney so i think he gives the option to pick up there if it is easier for you.  John has been in the game for decades and is a real gentleman.

 

Visit Custom Mustangs