Importing a car

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Importing a car  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Shockwaver

• Pony
Importing a car
« on: September 07, 2009, 09:23:35 PM »
so im looking at getting a car for parts from America. How much are you lookin ball park figures for a car to be shipped over to Brissy. Not real keen on insurance as it'll be for parts and not too interested in keeping in perfect.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
Importing a car
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 09:26:21 PM »
Shock W...  would it be cheaper just to bring in the parts then?  or source them here, if thats all u are after....?

Offline Shockwaver

• Pony
Importing a car
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 09:27:42 PM »
Just lookin at a car, it has the engine I want, plus a fair few other bits i just cant get as parts. Its for a '78 T-top.

Offline 66RedRagtop

• Supercharged
Importing a car
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 09:36:38 PM »
As a guide Geezers Classic Garage on the Gold Coast charge $3300 LA to Brisbane via a fast ship, or obtain a quote from Schumacher Cargo in the USA, and get your own customs agent to clear it in Brisbane. Shared containers and slow boats that wander around Asia on the way down are cheaper. Don't forget the mandatory import licence before it leaves America.

Offline Shockwaver

• Pony
Importing a car
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 09:37:50 PM »
Ah true, ive been lookin on the net, it just doesnt seem worth it for a '78 i think.

Offline Americawest

• P Plates
    • www.americawest.net.au
Importing a car
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 10:23:02 PM »
Dont get caught out with cheap shipping quotes form the usa you ll get caught out once the vehicle lands in australia with fee after fee and if you want your car you have to pay it so stick with a local importer every time if your going to do it Californian Image is another good one for Brisbane call Cindy 0412401934
Blake & Wayne Luxford
www.americawest.net.au
 Importers of classic American cars and parts

Offline Shermatt

• Top Streeter
Importing a car
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 11:10:27 PM »
shockwaver

keep in mind, transport from where ever it is to LA, if its not a running car it costs more to ship and transport. Then unloading it at your end comes with an unpacking fee. Your import approval is fiddy bucks and you may even get slapped with quarantine cleaning charges on top of your customs agent fees and gov. charges

FYI, Shcumacher Cargo charges roughly $2200-$2300 LA 2 QLD.

Offline Shockwaver

• Pony
Importing a car
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 07:11:17 AM »
Righto, basically this car would have been a spare parts car, i dont need any of the parts, but it would be nice to have them as i cant come by many parts for my 78. For the sake of a '78, it just doesnt seem worth the trouble.
Thanks all for your imput!

Visit Custom Mustangs