Importing 2007 GT V8 Mustang - HELP

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Importing 2007 GT V8 Mustang - HELP  (Read 1335 times)

Offline djmcau

• L Plates
« on: April 16, 2009, 04:19:16 AM »
Hi All
Currently living in Dubai and want to bring my Stang home. I know all of the duties and costs etc just wanted to know if anyone can help with conversion recommendations. I will most likely be landing the car in Brisbane (unless someone has a better suggestion). Also just our of curiosity what are 2007 GT's going for in Aus at the moment or has the crisis hit? Silver, red leather interior, all the bells and whistles.

Cheers All

Offline seany-boy

• Worked
  • Car: 1970 Mach1
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 08:45:15 AM »
Hi,

I looked at doing something similar last year and the cost of converting was between $35-38K and there was a couple of options in Qld and Melb so not cheap. GT's vary a bit in price but there is one http://www.uniquecarsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!unique_content.enquiry?current_rec=7&page_number=1&vehicle_id=6346888&total_rec=934&sort_type=1&ucategory_id=2&photo_flag=1
available now but not sure how easily they sell.

Good luck.

Offline Tripod

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 12:23:31 AM »
Went through the process last year. First you must have owned it for a year (as a registered vehicle) to avoid the duty but  cost of conversion I was quoted $35,000 plus.
If you want to keep the car, fine, but don't look at trying to make money on a resale, there isn't a great demand.
Its a love thing, the car is for you.
Alan
PS, I was in Dubai also.

Visit Custom Mustangs

Visit Custom Mustangs