The Original Mustang Shop - eBay

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: The Original Mustang Shop - eBay  (Read 463 times)

Offline Simon

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Simon
The Original Mustang Shop - eBay
« on: November 16, 2020, 02:26:48 PM »
Hi everyone. This is my first post and hopefully not my last. I am looking at purchasing a mustang from eBay and it is being sold by The Classic Mustang Shop. There is very little online I can find about them however they do sell quite a few imports across various online platforms, just cars and eBay for eg. Does anyone have experience that they are legitimate? I have had an inspection done on the car and all seems good but just thought I would reach out to those in the know. Appreciate any guidance. Regards Simon

Offline Reborn67

• Worked
  • Name: Andrew
  • Car: 67 Hardtop
Re: The Original Mustang Shop - eBay
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 05:50:17 PM »
 Hey Simon and welcome to the forum, homework is always the key and kudos for seeking advise on this forum, one thing you should want to follow up is the  " impartiality" of the inspector, as there would be some on this forum that would feel what was reported and what was delivered may differ..., there may be others that could comment further,  also where is the car and do you have a few more details as if the car is local some one may know of it..., Good luck,

Offline Simon

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 08:55:53 PM »
Thanks Reborn67. I did have a good look through the forums here for suggestions and went with Damien Kemp from classic car inspections, who has been great. He will also be doing the pick up and bringing it to Sydney so he is familiar with the car. The car currently resides in Mornington and  is an unregistered import. It runs and wonít be a lot to do to get it registered, as per the inspection report. I would like to know if anyone has had any experiences with buying from eBay and The Classic Mustang Shop. It is just a last check as the car is being picked up on Wednesday am. There is always a degree of trust you have to put in to a private purchase and although I am happy thus far, I thought I would check.
It is a 67 GTA Fastback in Wimbledon white. Any experience or information is welcome. Cheers Simon

Offline Simon

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 08:10:47 PM »
Update. Mustang arrived and is a fantastic survivor. Really happy with the whole experience and canít wait for all the fun times ahead.

Offline Gabs64

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 09:44:49 PM »
Hi Simon,
I bought my 67 through Paul. I can say that he was great to deal with. As we were deep in lockdown in Vic at the time. He took the time to send me pics and videos from every angle possible and even put it on a hoist to do so. To his credit the car was exactly as described.

Offline ag71

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: ag
  • Car: 1966 hardtop
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2020, 04:08:51 PM »
Hi Simon would love to see a couple of pics.