67 engine mount brackets

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 67 engine mount brackets  (Read 595 times)

Online Juanball mustang

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
67 engine mount brackets
« on: September 01, 2020, 08:50:39 PM »
Has anyone modified their 67 289 engine mount brackets to take the run of the mill mounts everyone sells? Is it as easy as welding up the original hole and re drilling the hole as per the templates available on the net ?

Offline Daz 67GTA

• Thoroughbred
Re: 67 engine mount brackets
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 02:21:17 PM »
I think you'll find it's pretty cheap to buy engine mounts from RockAuto...  $6 - $20 AU each... plus $20 delivery..  $60.00.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,1967,mustang,4.7l+289cid+v8,1332313,engine,motor+mount,5552?
Daz
'67 GTA Coupe

Offline j hatzivalsamis

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: jimmy hatziv
  • Car: 67 convertible
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 04:22:02 PM »
Mate how is it sitting now. have you tried stock mounts. I have a convertible and had to remove the top bolt from the chassis bracket loosen the bottom one and fitted 8mm wedges between mounts and engine block. When all lined up tighten bottom bracket bolt remove engine and weld brackets together, had to mock up and adjust/ remove engine 4/5 times its easier without tranny on engine.

Online Juanball mustang

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 07:35:01 PM »
Seems the consensus on the net is to either buy a set of 68 brackets or weld up and redrill the original ones . I think Daz thought I was after the mounts , that Rok Autoís site mentions 67 mounts no longer available and to modify existing brackets . Funny you mention the mock up . Iíve just cut the entire inside casting out of a trashed 302 block to use as my mock fit engine for exhaust , mounts etc . Cost $20 in cut off wheels and an afternoon . Have an alloy intake but am chasing a cheap pair of throw out alloy heads. Itíll probably end up a man cave coffee table . If thereís such a thing . If I can work out how to do it Iíll post the site that has the details on the 67 mounts being a one off .

Online Juanball mustang

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 07:47:17 PM »

Offline 67FBGT

• Blue Printed
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 07:58:16 PM »
That's it. The '67 cars, plus big blocks and convertibles of other years, have the different bolt pattern to lower the engine 1/2"; provides better clearance for exhaust under the CV's floor structure, and better under-hood clearance for the BBs.

Offline j hatzivalsamis

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: jimmy hatziv
  • Car: 67 convertible
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2020, 01:40:19 PM »
Mate here is the photo of wedges on mounts, this angles  to base plate and sits square but you must remove the top bolt of base plate and when they sit right tighten bottom bolt up tight and weld bracket at that position , i used mackay rubber mounts no.A1140.

Offline Daz 67GTA

• Thoroughbred
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2020, 01:06:56 PM »
Ahh.. I see clearer now!
I didn't realise it was even a thing. Good info to bank away.
I did a swap from my 289W to a 351C and the engine mounts didn't even rate on my issues!
The hi-rise manifold was my problem!

Cheers
Daz
'67 GTA Coupe

Visit Custom Mustangs