More Grip Please

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: More Grip Please  (Read 553 times)

Offline Hammer

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Hamish
  • Car: Mustang
More Grip Please
« on: August 31, 2020, 12:22:29 PM »
Hi Guys,

Just changed over the stock Pirelli on my S550 GT to Michelin Sport SP4 - much happier.

But, it's still hard to get all that power onto the road without the tyre spinning.

I guess the best way to get the power down is to start looking a the suspension now.

I don't want to go racing but I do want to have grip when I take off at the lights and when I go into a corner.

Having spent most of the past 20 years in Japanese sports cars (Turbo charged MX5, Mazda6 MPS and RX8) I really want my Mustang to grip the road.

I'd really appreciate some suggestion that won't break the bank.

Cheers

Offline GLENN 70

• GT 500
Re: More Grip Please
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 01:01:12 PM »
It depends on what you want ? . Off the line grip or going around the corners grip ? . Off the line M/T et ss street radials 285/40x19 for around $500 per tyre . Going around corners I have no idea except what you have on now .  Suspension you can fit a few things to stop axle hop but for traction not much around for a street car . The Mickey Thompson ss radials will give you the grip .

Offline keith

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: keith mears
  • Car: 2018 mustang gt
Re: More Grip Please
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 11:22:20 PM »
I found Steeda stop the hop kit made a big difference. I fitted the centering kit, bush support kit, diff bushes, vertical link and toe link with bush, LCA bearing is a must. and sub frame brace. strut tower brace. I've got Pedders extreme XA coil over kit too.  Its like a different car, so much more traction and corners amazing. I've got a few more bits for the front. Very pleased with it all though.   

Visit Custom Mustangs