Ford Mustang-Inspired Electric SUV Everything We Know so far

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: Ford Mustang-Inspired Electric SUV Everything We Know so far  (Read 616 times)

Offline robster

• Worked
  • Big Mac
Electric Mustangs are big news at the moment with this electric SUV pony coming out next year and the SEMA manual electric show car all hot topics.

Probably get some negative reaction like the current update did from 2014, not traditional enough for some but people quickly got used to them, especially once they saw them in the flesh.  So expect it will be the same with this crossover, SUV, four-wheel drive, whatever they’re called these days.

Best we get used to it and be happy that the Mustang name not only lives, but is expanding into a brand well beyond the affordable sporty car it has always been to us. And its performance is another league.   I’m warming to it already.

https://insideevs.com/reviews/376978/ford-mustang-inspired-bev-battery-drive-options/

Offline mwizz

• Shelby
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
Re: Ford Mustang-Inspired Electric SUV Everything We Know so far
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2019, 08:06:18 PM »
That may be my next SUV

Offline gbader

• Thoroughbred
  • SAAC Member
  • Name: Greg
  • Car: 65/66/16
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2019, 10:49:42 AM »
agree - bring it on I reckon

The Electric mustang at SEMA will never see production (manual?) but interesting blend of old/new running gear and some fun for the engineers

I hope the SUV lives up to the hype (in my head, I rationalise the "mustang" bit as simply standardising of the general style theme - bit like Audi, BMW etc do), but if its got a decent range and plenty of poke - could be a winner for many metro useers

Offline robster

• Worked
  • Big Mac

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
  • Car: 1965 Fastback
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2019, 03:24:23 PM »

s

Offline Xrayman

• Worked
  • Fatigued - sick of overtime
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 05:53:32 PM »
FUGLY.

Mustangs have 2 doors. Anything else is NOT a mustang.
Aaron

what is essential is invisible to the eye

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2019, 06:06:56 PM »
Latest update on the electric Mustang SUV doing the rounds in today’s local media –

https://www.drive.com.au/news/ford-mustang-mach-e-range-expands-with-an-electric-suv-122808.html?trackLink=SMH2&utm_source=theage&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=tile-3

I prefer the news later down that page about the Valiant Pacer tribute.

The Chrysler 300 SRT Pacer edition has a 6.2-litre V8 (392 cubic-inches in the old money) with 350kW of power and 637Nm of torque matched to an eight-speed automatic.

The arrival of the special edition is designed to celebrate the Pacer nameplate’s 50th anniversary but the Chrysler 300 is nearing the end of the production line.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/valiant-pacer-badge-returns-to-australian-showrooms-on-limited-edition-chrysler-300-srt-performance-sedans-122820

s
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 06:12:55 PM by StephenSLR »

Offline evan

• Blue Printed
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 07:19:50 AM »
I prefer the news later down that page about the Valiant Pacer tribute.

The Chrysler 300 SRT Pacer edition has a 6.2-litre V8 (392 cubic-inches in the old money) with 350kW of power and 637Nm of torque matched to an eight-speed automatic.

The arrival of the special edition is designed to celebrate the Pacer nameplate’s 50th anniversary but the Chrysler 300 is nearing the end of the production line.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/valiant-pacer-badge-returns-to-australian-showrooms-on-limited-edition-chrysler-300-srt-performance-sedans-122820

s
What, no slant 6?  :grin:

Offline Sharkierulz

• Thoroughbred
I'd suggest studying the photos of the Mach E closely and comparing it to the Aston Martin DBX, also released recently.

Pay particular attention to the shape, roofline, crease lines, windows etc.

Comments?

Is it a Mustang or an Aston Martin? Or both

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Dwayne

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
I'd suggest studying the photos of the Mach E closely and comparing it to the Aston Martin DBX

They're not unlike the Porsche SUV.

Who's responsible for this horrible trend, Soccer Mums?

At least Aston Martin and Porsche had the decency not to call it the DB5 and 911 respectively.

s
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:10:00 PM by StephenSLR »

Offline robster

• Worked
  • Big Mac
Latest news it’s being built in RHD form for Britain which is rumoured to make it a possibility for us.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/ford-mustang-mach-e-electric-car-set-for-australia-there-s-just-one-catch-122828?trackLink=homePageNews4

Offline Reborn67

• Worked
  • Name: Andrew
  • Car: 67 Hardtop
 It's a pity that all these "SUVs" look the same, the only thing that differentiates are their badges, and since when is a Mustang an SUV or an SUV a Mustang, seems Ford may be trying to cash in on the popularity of its namesake, which kind of cheapens the whole idea, Proving how "Beige" these cars have become, they can't even come up with the concept of a new name.........,

Offline StephenSLR

• Top Streeter
    • www.lycanthia.com
Latest news it’s being built in RHD form for Britain which is rumoured to make it a possibility for us.

Does anyone in this forum really want it though?

s

Visit Custom Mustangs

Visit Custom Mustangs