1966 Mustang coupe V8 347 stroker

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: 1966 Mustang coupe V8 347 stroker  (Read 592 times)

Offline merlin6014

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
« on: October 08, 2019, 09:34:55 AM »

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1966-ford-mustang-auto/SSE-AD-6319904/

Has been extensively rebuilt however all the original parts are boxed up and will be included in the sale (put back to stock if you like)

Original California car. I have original paperwork from 1966 from the original sale documents up to today’s date - over 50 years of reciepts. No rust, accident free and mechanically A1 - never broken down, just hit the starter button and drive

This car looks, sounds and is extremley fast - only reason for sale is that I give it very little use and wife wants her garage spot back! I have spent tens of thousands on modifying this car - no expense spared and I've obsessed over the little details (i.e. all new gaskets, correctly torqued ARP bolts, synthetic oils etc). Most of the improvements (suspension, driveline, interior, wheels/tyres) have less than 300kms (yes 300!). Car was on full rego but I changed it to classic rego - this means you can drive it up to 60 times per year with a logbook. Advantage is rego and insurance cost me peanuts. It can go back onto full rego no problem - it easily passed it's blue slip.

Engine
Original matching numbers 289 V8 engine has been extensively modified to 347 cubic inches and is now putting out big power - it loves to rev
- 347 Edlebrock stroker kit built by Sydney based engine builder
- Edlebrock aluminium heads
- Edlebrock cam
- Edlebrock Performer RPM Intake Manifold
- MSD Blaster Ignition
- MSD Distributer
- Holley Street HP 750cfm Carby (rebuilt & tuned with bigger jets)
- MSD Starter Motor
- Gilmer Drive
- ARP bolts/studs throughout
- SCAT SFI Crank & Harmonic Balancer
- Hooker Super Competition Extracters (titanium heat wrapped) into dual 3" Liverpool exhaust (sounds absolutley amazing).
- High capacity oil sump

Transmission
- Car comes with two transmissions. The matching numbers original C4 & the currently installed "Performance Automatic" (premier USA rebuilder) C4 reverse manual racing trans.
- C4 Performance Automatic - custom built and shipped from US to me.  Last of the 70's C4’s with all the best internal parts extensively reworked by this trans builder. It must be shifted manually and the shifts are instant. Racing clutches, pro shift servo, hardnened input shaft, pro pump, deep pan, reverse manual valve body.
- Mated to this is a big $$$ TCE Hi stall torque converter (best in Aus) & a B&M pro ratchet shifter. This setup is rated to handle 1000 horse power and has done less than 300kms. There is also an Aeromotive trans cooler with stainless braided lines installed. The original plan was to take this drag racing but it was just a dream and I never got around to it - all its done is amble around the local suburbs.  The original C4, torque converter and shifter are all included in the sale and can be easily swapped back in.

Suspension
Suspension has been completely renewed
- New Bilstein shocks front and rear
- Opentracker roller spring perches (google them)
- Full polyurethane bushes kit replacing all the old rubbers
- Car is lowered on custom front springs and Scott Drake 5 leaf reverse eye rear springs
- Shelby engine cross brace

Body
No rust that I can find. Car was resprayed in silver by previous owner. A couple of little chips but overall 8/10 paint. Taken as a whole with the stripes, bonnet pins, wheels etc. it is a real head turner

Wheels & Tyres
- American Racing staggered 3 piece chrome rims (18")
- New Continental SportContact5 tyres
- Front disc brakes & red calipers

Interior
- Seats, roof liner and carpet have all been restored in original "parchement" colour
- American Autosound stereo
- Custom center console was built to house the B&M Shifter and 2 cup holders. Original console can be re-fitted
- Shelby wooden steering wheel
- New 3 point seatbelts F&R
- Autometer guages
- Digital HUD displaying speed

Electrical
- All new electrical components including battery, chrome alternator, MSD starter etc

$49,999 - Price is negotiable, car is in Bella Vista NSW - cash deposit in my hand if you want to drive
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 10:29:33 AM by merlin6014 »

Offline merlin6014

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
Re: 1966 Mustang coupe V8 347 stroker
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 10:50:57 AM »
SOLD

Visit Custom Mustangs

Visit Custom Mustangs