historic rego nsw

Mustang Australia

Author Topic: historic rego nsw  (Read 583 times)

Offline crustydave

• P Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Car: 66 Coupe
historic rego nsw
« on: September 17, 2019, 08:09:30 AM »
Hi All,
New mustang owner here, I am looking at club rego, car already has full rego and just done pink slip for re-newal. Question is do I require blueslip for club rego.
Thanks

Offline Micks66coupe

• Pony
  • Name: Mick
  • Car: 66 coupe
Re: historic rego nsw
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 04:34:25 PM »
Hi Dave I brought a 66 coupe on historic registration almost two years ago, so the owner had to hand the plates in and I brought it unregistered. So I then went through the process of putting it on club registration myself, all you need is a pink slip. I went to the RMS with the old papers in the previous owners name, pink slip and my purchase receipt from buying the coupe, just had to fill in the form for Historic registration and I had the plates  :lol: Biggest surprise of all for me was there wasn't any stamp duty/registration transfer fee as it was classed as an unregistered vehicle.

Offline sms777

• Worked
Re: historic rego nsw
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 06:13:31 PM »
When the scheme was first introduced in NSW there was a requirement for a blue slip. The reason was to filter original historic vehicles from modified historic vehicles. That still stands however it's no longer enforced the way I see it because the all the ones i have been doing lately managed to get away with a simple pink slip. The only difference is the pink slip still has to be hand written the old school way because the electronic ones on line still not recognised in the RMS system because it is still a trial.   
Click Banner

Visit Custom Mustangs

Visit Custom Mustangs