Author Topic: Recommendations and Advice  (Read 326 times)

Offline 2mecook

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Amy
Recommendations and Advice
« on: November 08, 2018, 08:58:04 AM »
Hi Guys,
I recently imported a 67 Mustang from the US,
I am currently needing to find someone who is able to replace the convertible roof, I already have the roof and the kit to install it, I just actually need someone to install it.
Along with the new door trims.

I am also looking for a panel beater who is able to help with the replacement/repair of the sills underneath, they are pretty badly rusted but most definitely replaceable.

While I am looking for people, I also wouldn't mind having power steering installed.
I am currently located in the Sydney region, however am willing to travel if required, mechanically she is totally sound, I just need these things fixed so I can get it registered and I would have really liked to have had that done in time for summer any advice/recommendations would be helpful.

Offline Dwayne

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Dwayne
Re: Recommendations and Advice
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 09:06:29 AM »
Have a chat to Big Al (ad on the right of the screen).

Offline 67FBGT

• Worked
Re: Recommendations and Advice
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 12:00:08 AM »
If the sills are badly rusted then best check the front and rear torque boxes and the rest of the floor as well, as it's all one structure that stops the car folding in half.
In order to install factory-style PS you will need to collect up a whole host of new parts; it's completely different and there's obviously more to it than the manual steer set-up. Or it may be easier, quicker and cheaper to install an after-market steering set-up of some kind as some of the factory parts can be pretty hard to find outside of the USA.
As per above best talk to Big Al, or some of the parts vendors.

Visit Custom Mustangs