Author Topic: Bad service  (Read 284 times)

Offline Ben Rycroft

• L Plates
  • Every day in a Mustang is a good day
Bad service
« on: October 30, 2018, 04:04:42 PM »
On 24th July 2018 I had my new Mustang serviced for its first time at Rex Gorell Ford, Geelong.  I drove it home and to my horror, found it was leaking oil badly.  It went back on a tow truck and the sump bolt was found to have not been tightened properly.  Luckily no damage done and many apologies from service consultant Alex.  I paid $365 to have my car incompetently serviced by an apprentice without adequate supervision.  If a Ford dealer can't properly do an oil and filter change on a new Ford vehicle, then what does that say?  I have been offered half price on my next service, but they don't have to worry... I will never be back.

Offline Bucks

• Worked
  • Name: Dave
  • Car: 66 Fastback 289 4 speed
Re: Bad service
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 04:23:24 PM »
Couple more klms and it would have fallen out! engine dead :sick:

Offline Reborn67

• Thoroughbred
  • Name: Andrew
  • Car: 67 Hardtop
Re: Bad service
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 04:53:39 PM »
Exactly the same thing happened to me with my Hilux service, I only noticed it when it was parked in the street as l had a gravel drive and couldn't spot the puddle, of course Toyota were very apologetic and to a degree full of Sh#t excuses, Makes you wonder if the simple things are such a challenge how do they manage the complex stuff, doesn't say much for their "training" :ouch:

Visit Custom Mustangs