Author Topic: GT40P heads  (Read 416 times)

Offline Husky65

• Worked
  • I'm new here
GT40P heads
« on: June 11, 2018, 11:53:27 AM »
GT40P heads off an AU 220 XR8. Have been on my car for approximately 2 years/3000km's(weekend car). Selling as I have a new engine combo now.
Before going on, these were stripped and inspected. They were decked to approx 56cc.
New springs/retainers were fitted that are good for .550 lift and 232 duration.
133lb of seat pressure, 315lb at .550.
Included are 1.72 yella terra roller rockers and factory xr8 guide rods. Some shims are included but this will change depending on your setup.
These require specific headers due to spark plug angle, such as JBA 1650s-2. Stock hipo manifolds fit also.
With an XE264hr cam, cast hipo manifolds and slightly ported explorer intake, this made just over 250rwhp/190rwk.

They were painted with chrome paint that is flaking off a little. Would recommend a respray.
There is a little bit of thread that is broken where the lower intake manifold bolts attached to the head. This was like this when I bought them, and is fine as the bolt goes will into the hole and there is lots of thread remaining. The lower isn't torqued much either. I'd say someone may have done this through over torquing.

All three mating surfaces have been cleaned.

$500

Located in sydney, can post but may be up around $50 due to weight.

Offline Husky65

• Worked
  • I'm new here
Re: GT40P heads
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 08:21:49 PM »
Sold

Visit Custom Mustangs