Author Topic: 65 Mustang Coupe Great condition RHD conv.  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Pete-W

• Pony
65 Mustang Coupe Great condition RHD conv.
« on: May 11, 2018, 10:08:14 AM »
Immaculate Mustang, body fully restored, recon diff, Mag wheels, converted to RHD, rare split bench/bucket seat model. New wiring, motor upgraded 302 with Edelbrock alloy heads, Edelbrock  4 bbl carby, roller rockers, electronic ign, all the good gear, set up for ULP and just run in. Battery relocated to boot, seating recovered, new carpet, and much more. A really nice car with nothing to do unless you want to, the number plate is  extra if you want it (MCM - roman numerals for 19 and 65 is for the year manufactured). I have spent considerably more than I am asking for the car and whoever buys it will be really pleased and a bargain.
I have photos of the motor rebuild process from Ford Cobra Engines in the USA which is where I sourced the replacement motor from if it is of interest.  I really do not want to sell this car but personal circumstances have forced me to list it. Located at south east Brisbane area, Please contact via reply or via e-mail (lynpete6@gmail.com). Looking for serious buyers only. Asking price $59000. Will reluctantly negotiate if no other choice and the offer is sensible.
Please Note: I prefer to sell to people who are able to personally inspect the car as they can appreciate the condition.  Any contact that looks even a little suspicious will be treated as a scam will not be answered.

Offline Pete-W

• Pony
Re: 65 Mustang Coupe Great condition RHD conv.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 03:52:56 PM »
Have not had any response so far, is there any constructive comments  (Not silly ones) regarding selling this great car.

Thanks
Pete

Offline BAC

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '68 J Code GT 4 speed
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 04:09:03 PM »
is there any constructive comments

Some of my comments might be obvious, but hopefully not silly:

- Put it on CarSales and/or a few specialty sites and post the link(s) here as well
- Photos, photos and more photos!
- $59K is a hard task for a coupe regardless of how much has been spent on it

All the best with the sale.  :thumb:
Cheers,
Brian

Offline Pete-W

• Pony
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2018, 03:30:47 AM »
Thanks for the comment Brian, taken on board..

Pete

Offline mcarnage59

• Worked
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 65 Convertible Honey Gold
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2018, 09:34:22 AM »

- $59K is a hard task for a coupe regardless of how much has been spent on it

Yeah Pete as Brian said and without being disrespectful, from my research the car would need to be immaculate numbers matching GT coupe to pull that sort of coin. There are numerous coupes for sale under 40K and many if pretty good order.

Most of us have spent a lot more on our cars than we will probably realise in a sale.  :tissue:
Always dreamed I'd have one!

Offline Pete-W

• Pony
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 11:44:49 AM »
Thanks for all the comments, I have sold the car for almost the asking price. The first to look at it took it. had nothing but good comments when roadworthy was done and buyer was impressed. Sad to see it go but has gone to a good home.
Pete

Offline BAC

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '68 J Code GT 4 speed
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 11:49:00 AM »
 Congrats! :thumb:
Cheers,
Brian

Visit Custom Mustangs