Author Topic: Headlight Conversion LHD  (Read 2094 times)

Offline BAC

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '68 J Code GT 4 speed
Re: Headlight Conversion LHD
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2018, 09:20:50 PM »
I spoke with 3 VASS signatories and all have a checklist, this includes the Headlights and even the sunvisors (need 3mm of padding and most only have 1mm).

Would love to know which ADR specs the minimum padding of a sunvisor (not doubting you, this is exactly the kind of over-regulation we have to put up with!)  I can say with 99.9% surety it's not from earlier than 1973 as I've been poring over those ADRs to see what I'm in for when I go to get my '71 fastback inspected...

Can't see the value in VASS guys having to approve things that are also on the RWC checklist as it's double dipping - anything that requires you to get an engineer's cert will also require a RWC.
Cheers,
Brian

Offline gstsaver

• Pony
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 87 GT
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2018, 01:58:10 PM »
BAC - it is ADR 11.... only for vehicles built 1 Jan 1972 and after

Offline BAC

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Brian
  • Car: '68 J Code GT 4 speed
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2018, 02:35:34 PM »
BAC - it is ADR 11.... only for vehicles built 1 Jan 1972 and after

Yep, got it - what a relief it's one stupid ADR that my '71 will not have to comply with...  Pretty much any sun visor is going to provide slightly better head protection than slamming straight into the windscreen, but in terms of compliance you're better off having no visors at all rather than ones that don't meet the spec.  :ouch:

Interesting the ADR doesn't specify a padding type or minimum thickness that I can see, just a requirement for impact deceleration properties - good luck testing for compliance with that! 

I take it your engineer has come up with the 3mm of padding figure based on his experience?
Cheers,
Brian

Offline jiffy

• Blue Printed
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2018, 08:37:41 AM »
I was at the V8ís at Sandown and there was a Fox-body car there with 1-piece lights.
I took photos of it and the owners number, sms me and Iíll send you the pics with his number. It may be the same year as your car.
Jeff
Black '69 CJ 4SPD car under contruction
Black 2002 SVT Cobra - 2003 Terminator Clone
Black Ď63.5 Galaxie 4SPD

U2U, email or phone me 0423 977 057

Visit Custom Mustangs