Author Topic: old owner looking for his boss 302  (Read 785 times)

Offline aussie trev

• Worked
  • you must have toys
  • Name: trevor
old owner looking for his boss 302
« on: January 04, 2018, 02:06:54 PM »
A family member in the us is looking for his fathers old lime green boss 302  0f02G 152897  does anybody no the car passing on some info.

The car's VIN is:  0F02G152897.  Door tag info:  63A  G  BA  W  5  74     Medium Lime Metallic,  4:30s, Detroit locker, oil cooler assembly. Standard bore numbers matching car that still had the rev limiter, distributor, carb and even stock exhaust system.  I put in a new NOS factory DOZZ camshaft, new Ford clutch.  Pretty plain low option car.....no shaker, no louvers, no rear spoiler, no original Magnum 500s, etc.  Not even a tachometer in the dash!   Who in the heck would order up a car with 4:30s and NOT want a tach???   Odd.   Only other options were power steering & an AM radio.

Anyways, just curious IF my old 302 might actually be located in Australia, as I was told.  Is there any way to possibly connect with the current owner.....see the car today, share some info, memories?   

God bless,

Randy L. Witham, 17600 County Road 367, Buena Vista, Colorado  81211  randylwitham@gmail.com   H 719-395-2081   

Offline barnett468

• Boss
Re: old owner looking for his boss 302
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 02:12:13 PM »
they said the car went to oz?

Offline GEOFF289

• Blue Printed
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 03:59:45 PM »
Apart from putting it out there on this forum, as you have, and any other relevant ones, all I can think of is a search of the various state and territory rego authorities using that VIN that might confirm its in this country and registered. If it was found that way the authorities might be persuaded to pass on an enquiry to the owner. They wouldn't give out the owner's contact information.

I had a look on the Vicroads rego check app and it doesn't show up here. Note that I had to go with chassis no. rather than VIN as their system doesn't recognise anything other than a modern 17 character VIN.

Online Dwayne

• Worked
  • Name: Dwayne
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 04:04:18 PM »
First step, e-mail Imports.Vehicle@infrastructure.gov.au with the VIN and ask it it ever had import approval to come here.

Offline Clubman7

• Worked
  • On the road.
  • Name: Brett
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 04:18:14 PM »
Boss registry?

Offline aussie trev

• Worked
  • you must have toys
  • Name: trevor
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 06:35:09 PM »
it was posted on the boss registry, just help the post a long.

Offline mussy65

• Worked
    • http://nsw.mustang.org.au
  • Name: Phil
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 09:35:45 PM »
The vehicle was owned by a NSW member up until June 2011 when their membership lapsed. That may well mean the vehicle was sold but only way to find out is to speak to the member who owned it at the time.

I will sent a PM with some additional information.

Offline mwizz

• Boss
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 10:26:12 PM »
I've looked in my 2011 Boss Registry and it is recorded in Australia but states Name and Address is withheld on request

Offline Sundance Kid

• Thoroughbred
  • Wtd time machine ..... in good working order
  • Name: Tony
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 11:15:45 PM »
Hi i  know of 3 lime metallic 70 bosses in qld . checked and asked none are the one in  question . cheers
1970 boss 302 mustang

Offline C-17A

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
  • Name: Randy Witham
  • Car: ex-BOSS Owner
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 02:02:16 AM »
Aussie trev, Sundance Kid, et al.,

MANY THANKS to you and everyone here for helping me try and locate my old 1970 BOSS 302 here in Australia!!!

SUCCESS!!!   :smile01:

The current owner saw the post here......e-mailed me early this morning from Sydney, sent me a picture of the original Ford factor invoice, which of course, my old photo copy is an exact match of...

Here's the post/link I made on the BOSS 302 Registry Forum back in the USA, FYI:  http://www.boss302.com/smf/index.php?topic=77785.msg516047#msg516047

Simply stunning to me that I posted my request for help on 2 January and I get a personal e-mail from the current owner on 4 January......ONLY 2 days!  Crazy cool... 

I'll e-mail him back shortly, start a conversation... 

Can't wait to share with him some of the pictures, stores I have from owning that car 12 years from 1984 to 1996.

Anyway, MANY THANKS to everyone here "Down Under" that helped me locate the car and owner, in what I have got to say is probably world record time......2 days.......and 1/2 a world (literally) away!

God bless,

Randy Witham  "C-17A"  Buena Vista, Colorado, USA   :smile01:

Offline mwizz

• Boss
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2018, 08:45:38 PM »
That's great news. I wish I was lucky enough to find a previous owner like yourself when I had my Boss.

Offline Pedro

• Worked
  • Name: Peter
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 12:13:07 AM »
It's wonderful how much information you can find out via the net.
When I bought my first Mustang (a show quality restored 70 Mach 1 M code) back in 2008 I was able to search out each of the five previous owners but could not find the original buyer. I got in touch with them all and the third owner in Maryland told me his wife cried when she saw the pics I sent them.

Offline Mattstang

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Matt
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 06:26:09 PM »
It's wonderful how much information you can find out via the net.
When I bought my first Mustang (a show quality restored 70 Mach 1 M code) back in 2008 I was able to search out each of the five previous owners but could not find the original buyer. I got in touch with them all and the third owner in Maryland told me his wife cried when she saw the pics I sent them.

Great thread

Hey Pedro, can I ask what colour your Mach1 was, looks fantastic,

Cheers
Matt

Offline Pedro

• Worked
  • Name: Peter
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 10:55:03 PM »
Hi Matt
Colour is Chestnut Metallic.
My car was a May 70 build and in an effort to boost end of model sales Ford released a few special colours.
Chestnut Metallic is from the T-Bird parts bin and was coded "Y" which was the code for Indian Fire in 69.
Only 339 1970 Mustangs were painted in this colour and the guy who restored it has a Chestnut Metallic Boss 302.
Here's an ad for the car when Steve Forristall had it ... http://www.forristalls.com/1970%20Chestnut%20Metallic/1970_mach_one_chestnut_metallic.html
I phoned Steve and he recalled it as one of his stand out cars.
I sold it in 2009 to a guy in Sydney who had a small collection.

Offline Mattstang

• Worked
  • MOCA NSW Member
  • Name: Matt
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 05:02:55 PM »
Thanks Pedro,

Great story, unfortunately I haven't seen the car about Sydney.

My 70 Mach1 M code was originally `G`code - lime metallic but was repainted in 2009 before being imported to Aus. It is now `T` code - candy apple red.

It was also built at Dearborn, but on the 14th of May 1970 - 6 days ahead of schedule,

Cheers
Matt

Visit Custom Mustangs