Author Topic: Fires in CA  (Read 1376 times)

Offline GLENN 70

• Cobra
Fires in CA
« on: October 10, 2017, 09:03:33 PM »
Very bad fires in CA ,BARNETT are you ok ? . I lost your email address so this is the only contact I have and I know others on here will be worried also .  Sorry for doing this on the forum guys .

Offline mcarnage59

• Worked
  • Name: Mark
  • Car: 65 Convertible Honey Gold
Re: Fires in CA
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 09:55:53 PM »
When you owe someone 5 bucks for as long as you did you tend to lose their contact details  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

PM sent

Cheers
Always dreamed I'd have one!

Offline GLENN 70

• Cobra
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 10:12:59 PM »
What 5 bucks  :shrug:  I don't know you either if I owe you money too.  :grin:

Offline GLENN 70

• Cobra
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 10:20:26 PM »
No word from Barnett people  :shrug: I have e mailed him with no reply as yet .

Online Reklaw

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 07:41:27 AM »
Communications are probably down if he lives in the affected area.

Offline mcarnage59

• Worked
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 11:40:02 AM »
No word from Barnett people  :shrug: I have e mailed him with no reply as yet .

PM'd you his cell

Offline GLENN 70

• Cobra
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 03:36:44 PM »
Now at least 23 dead and hundreds missing .  This is not good .

Offline Dwayne

• Worked
  • Name: Dwayne
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 03:46:17 PM »
Mark, I don't suppose you have his address and can look it up to see if fires are in the area.

Offline mcarnage59

• Worked
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 04:15:31 PM »
Mark, I don't suppose you have his address and can look it up to see if fires are in the area.

Just received a PM from Barnett!! He is alive and kicking. Fires about 6 Miles away. He appreciated forum members concerns. :thumb:

Offline barnett468

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 04:16:46 PM »
hey, yes i am still alive . just been buried with work . thanks for the the concern . the closest fire was around 6 miles away . they are usually in open areas. see them every year, however, there was one year when they were just 200 yards from my house so we had to evacuate

Offline Dwayne

• Worked
  • Name: Dwayne
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 04:47:01 PM »
Good to hear you're safe.

Offline GLENN 70

• Cobra
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 05:19:18 PM »
S--t   Barnett ,  people on here were worried  that you wouldn't or don't get that $5  bucks  :grin:    Gee I was that worried I turned grey the last couple of days thinking how I could spend all that money  :lmao:  good to hear you are ok mate   :thumb:

Online Reklaw

• Pony
  • I'm new here
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 05:20:50 PM »
Evacuating would have been scary. You'd be wondering what the hell you'd be going back to. Yep, good to hear that you're OK.
The 'States is doing it tough at the moment, typhoons, storm surges, floods etc at one end of the country, devastating fires at another end and a mass murderer to boot. Hope the North Korea thing quietens down.

Offline ND69

• Worked
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 09:23:34 PM »
Good to see your ok,

I feel for those not so fortunate,

Offline barnett468

• Boss
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 05:40:57 AM »
Evacuating would have been scary. You'd be wondering what the hell you'd be going back to. Yep, good to hear that you're OK.
The 'States is doing it tough at the moment, typhoons, storm surges, floods etc at one end of the country, devastating fires at another end and a mass murderer to boot. Hope the North Korea thing quietens down.

I lived in a narrow 2 road canyon when i was evacuated. The road going into my area was blocked by the fires just 100 yards from my house as the crow flies, but fortunately the guy at the end of the road only had a barbed wire fence and he had a dirt road going through his property to the other main road so he took the fence down and we all went out that way. The main road was partially blocked by fire strucks but they left enough room for people to get out.

Many people had horses so they let them go free so they wouldn't harm themselves trying to break out of their corrals to escape the fire so we had flying burning embers, heavy smoke fore trucks blazing their sirens and people cars and horses running wild in the streets.

After we got out my girlfriend and i got a hotel 10 miles away and continued with what we were doing before we were so rudely interrupted. In the morning i called my answering machine to see if it worked or not. I figured if it worked my house didn't get roasted.

All the houses in the canyon were wood.

One of the main toll roads that leads to my girlfriends kids places was shut down today because the fire there damaged it.

As long as one lives at least 2 miles from lots of open country like we all do, it is plenty safe.

Oh, and yes fire insurance in our area is very high.

Below is one photo of the fire near where I lived when I was evacuated.

Offline mcarnage59

• Worked
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 08:01:47 AM »
Sounds like you pretty much just sit back and drink Fosters or shag your girl friend while Rome burns.

Don't know what we were all worried about :cry: :cry:

P.S. and Shagging is not catching fly balls  :lmao: :lmao:

Offline barnett468

• Boss
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2017, 03:27:50 PM »
Sounds like you pretty much just sit back and drink Fosters or shag your girl friend while Rome burns.

Pretty much since worryin about it won't change a thing and shaggin is a lot more fun!  :thumb:

P.S. and Shagging is not catching fly balls  :lmao: :lmao:

ummm...I would think that kinda depends upon just which balls are flying.  :lmao:

Offline barnett468

• Boss
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 03:34:50 PM »
Good to see your ok,

I feel for those not so fortunate,

Thanks, and yeah, it's horrific to loose nearly everything you own, Obviously the insurance can easily replace the house but it's a bit harder to replace the life long collections of personal items like photos or the TWO $5.00 bills that someone FINALLY paid you back etc.  :lmao:

Offline GLENN 70

• Cobra
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 04:25:44 PM »
Gee I hope you have those two 5 dollar bills in a frame and a safe place because it's not to often you will get $$$$$$ out of me  :lmao:

Offline barnett468

• Boss
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 05:19:30 PM »
Gee I hope you have those two 5 dollar bills in a frame and a safe place because it's not to often you will get $$$$$$ out of me  :lmao:

Well I can certainly attest to that!  :lmao:

Offline jbb

• Stallion
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 10:09:21 PM »
Hi Barnett,
 good to hear you and the family are all ok   :bow: :bow: :thumb:

Whilst i have never spoken to you, i enjoy reading your posts and your friendly banter with forum members.

Its been truly hard for me looking at the images of what happened over there in CA.
brings back bad memories.

Im a volunteer fiery here and back in feb  during a bad fire here that turned to shit, i was  crushed and trapped outside between 3 fire trucks whilst the fire front burnt right over me.
As  much as i detest the word, i was "lucky" to survive but i am still recovering.

so i definitely understand and sympathise what people are dealing with there.

such an intense fire there in California- so hard to try to control in any fashion !!
So fortunate to be able to get most people evacuated in time.

so so many houses lost and so many people dead..... :tissue:
 No words can really help those that lost loved ones.

At least possessions can be replaced and new memories, photos and collections can be started over for those that survived.

Best wishes for you ,your family and  the survivors !!!

regards
jbb

Offline barnett468

• Boss
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2017, 01:36:22 PM »
Thanks jbb

The worst fires we have here are in canyons like the one I used to live in. They are far more dangerous and hard to control because of the winds they generate and how they act in a canyon. After the big fire in the canyon I lived in, lots of rattle snakes got washed down off the hills in the heavy winter rains because there was no brush to control the run off or stop the snakes from sliding down the hillside, and they got washed right into the creek that dumps out into the ocean where people were swimming. Fortunately no one got bit but they had to close the beaches down until they were certain there were no more snakes, lol.

Offline Fitzy1980

• Blue Printed
  • I'm new here
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2017, 02:58:37 PM »
Good to hear your ok..

Reminds me of our Black Saturday fires. Nearly 200 were killed and over 2000 homes destroyed.

Offline mcarnage59

• Worked
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 09:53:32 PM »
Hey Barn

How’s the latest condition in your neck of the woods? Been quiet on the forum without your forthright opinion. :grin: :grin:

Offline barnett468

• Boss
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2017, 04:21:44 PM »
Hey Barn

How’s the latest condition in your neck of the woods?

ummm...funny you shuld ask cuz a new fire started today around just 2 miles from our house and we have high winds here for a few more days so it's entirely possible that if the winds blow our direction, we may be packin up and hittin the road for a few days. I'll know better tomorrow but it's not a serious concern this very second but almost all the houses are wood where I live.

:thud:

Visit Custom Mustangs