Author Topic: Last Nights AGM  (Read 646 times)

Offline Hak

• Worked
  • FORD
  • Name: Hakan
Last Nights AGM
« on: July 20, 2017, 10:45:51 AM »
Hi All,

I attended my first AGM for NSW Mustang Club last night and a little surprised at the way it was conducted.

I always assumed that the current standing committee would steps down and there is an opening of new nominees for the positions. If there are more than one to a position it goes to an election, if itís an unopposed the singular nominee, he or she has the position.

We all knew David Livian was going to be president, I for one think there isnít a better person for the job. The position from my observations requires all motor connections which he has oodles of, but also requires people skills. Iím surprised it wasnít open to challenge, in fact none of the positions where not even one challenger.

Was there a point where you can through your name into a hat? Just curious as I didn't see that memo was there email sent out (I doubt it)

it almost seemed that the new returning president selected his team from the outside looking in but if the case a great selection

71 Mach 1 Mustang PWETER 351 4V CLEVELAND NUMBER MATCHING
FGX XR8 SPRINT FOR SALE
FGX XR6 SPRINT FOR SALE

Online Dwayne

• Worked
  • Name: Dwayne
Re: Last Nights AGM
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 11:48:01 AM »
Usually,

0 Nominations = Call from the floor for nominations
1 Nomination = Appointed after confirming person is willing to accept
2+ Nominations = Vote

As with all clubs, finding people willing to volunteer is bloody hard ... as these people are often already flat out helping everywhere else (ie kids interests, sports, schools etc etc).

Online mcarnage59

• Worked
  • Name: Mark
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 11:53:38 AM »
If you are keen why wouldn't you just approach the President or another committee member and let them know of your interest.

That could be done, before, during or after the meeting. I am sure there are plenty of opportunities for you to support.

Sub - committees
Event organizing
etc.
Always dreamed I'd have one!

Offline Hak

• Worked
  • FORD
  • Name: Hakan
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 12:09:35 PM »
If you are keen why wouldn't you just approach the President or another committee member and let them know of your interest.

That could be done, before, during or after the meeting. I am sure there are plenty of opportunities for you to support.

Sub - committees
Event organizing
etc.

As Dwayne said, I've already been there with MOCA, and I've already done it, and it was offered and I turned it down for many reasons. for me perhaps next year 

71 Mach 1 Mustang PWETER 351 4V CLEVELAND NUMBER MATCHING
FGX XR8 SPRINT FOR SALE
FGX XR6 SPRINT FOR SALE

Offline boss69hogg

• Blue Printed
  • Name: David
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 07:19:40 PM »
I feel I recall, theyused to have nomination forms in the Pony Express several months before the AGM and the positions became vacant. Members could fill out the form and send it in to show their interest. The PE would then run articles on candidates pre AGM.
IMG

Offline jademustang

• Worked
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 07:54:10 AM »
also the constitutions of some organizations don't allow nominations from the floor if written nominations have been received prior to the meeting

Offline big al

• Worked
  • Mustang Owners Club NSW
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 12:02:03 PM »
All necessary information was advertised along with a nomination form on pages 16 & 17 in the May and June 2017 editions of the NSW Pony Express Magazine for any financial member to participate.

Nominations were received prior to the cut off date that was advertised and as I was unable to attend due to illness, I believe no one else was interested in being on the committee.

It's always hard finding people to go onto a committee, and then it's even harder trying to get some of them to pull their weight.

It's as simple as reading your Club Magazine as all the necessary information is always in it

David Livian, will do a stellar job leading the Club. He always has!

Al

Visit Custom Mustangs

Visit Custom Mustangs