Author Topic: insurance (again)  (Read 20392 times)

Offline jbrucem1

• Worked
insurance (again)
« on: January 07, 2011, 12:48:12 PM »
Any Vic MOCA mebers  that have the new club plates as yet?
what is the process I have to go through to get the car on club plates (obviously have to join the club - was going to do that any way) but after that, where do I go?
just Vic RWC and a letter showing Im a member of the club?

Offline danpony66

• Thoroughbred
  • I'm a girl who loves my 'stang.
insurance (again)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 02:52:53 PM »
Once you have joined the club you need to get in contact with Graham Folwell who runs the club permit scheme for us in VIC. You need to get a few documents completed such as a roadworthy and a certificate form the club that you are eligible under the club's permit - Graham can let you know about all of that.

Once you've got everything signed by Graham you take the forms to Vic Roads and they give you the plates.

I'd suggest coming to our January meeting and having a chat with Graham first.

Offline jbrucem1

• Worked
insurance (again)
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 03:58:23 PM »
Whens the meeting?Im in melbourne from Jan 17?

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
  • I have "CRAFT" Can't remember any F'n thing.
  • Car: 67 Coupe, 289 C-code.
insurance (again)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 04:06:04 PM »
Wed Jan 19th!
Johnno;

Proud Vic MOCA member # 1569

I know it seems like I am in denial.........but I am absolutely not !!

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
insurance (again)
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 07:41:08 PM »
JBruceM1.  Come and see me at the meeting .

In the mean time you can check the site   http://www.aomc.asn.au/CPS2011.htm for more info.

Offline jbrucem1

• Worked
insurance (again)
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 09:43:17 PM »
will try to get there,,
I'll be the guy who maybe looks like he shouldnt be there, bringing down the average age a little

Offline Pinto Pete

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Nigel
insurance (again)
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 11:23:31 PM »
I had the same questions to ask, but I won't be in vic till the 31st jan so the meetings out for me
It is far easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission

Offline danpony66

• Thoroughbred
insurance (again)
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 11:55:38 PM »
Quote from: Macka link=topic=13299.msg137406#msg137406
JBruceM1.  Come and see me at the meeting .

In the mean time you can check the site   http://www.aomc.asn.au/CPS2011.htm for more info.

Hey Macka, I read today that they're sending the log books to people who's permits are due in Feb. Does that mean the rest of us have to wait until our are due for renewal to go on the log book scheme?

Offline Dad

• Worked
insurance (again)
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 09:30:02 AM »
My car has full Vic rego.

Why do people go the club rego route ? Is it just cost is or there something else ?

Offline Ossie

• Stallion
insurance (again)
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 09:30:08 AM »
Can anyone tell me if you have to be a member of the Mustang Club to register a Mustang in Victoria under the Club Registration scheme, or could it be another car club?   I realise this probably sounds like a dumb question but lm already a member of 2 other clubs and don't plan to join the Mustang club until later in the year.

Thanks

Offline jbrucem1

• Worked
insurance (again)
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 09:32:55 AM »
danpony, apparently everyone on club plates recieve the logbook now, and get 90 days irrespective of when rego runs out, then when your rego is due start again

Stang8 - rego costs are a lot cheaper, as is insurance and with the new scheme it makes it even more appealing..do you drive your stang more than 90 days in a year?

Offline jbrucem1

• Worked
insurance (again)
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 09:36:07 AM »
any car club

Offline 69_stang

• Worked
insurance (again)
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 10:55:10 AM »
Quote from: jbrucem1 link=topic=13299.msg137425#msg137425
danpony, apparently everyone on club plates recieve the logbook now, and get 90 days irrespective of when rego runs out, then when your rego is due start again

Stang8 - rego costs are a lot cheaper, as is insurance and with the new scheme it makes it even more appealing..do you drive your stang more than 90 days in a year?

Could you clarify your cost summary ??

*Full rego   +  *Insurance    (unlimited use)

*Club fees  +  *rego  +  *Insurance  (restricted use) 90 days

Also with log book, what is stopping someone using their car for say 5 short trips and logging it down as one big trip, apart from the risk of being pulled over before the big trip has been logged??
I suppose if you try to do this and something happens, the insurance co. would have eyebrows raised if klm's don't add up!!

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
insurance (again)
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 11:43:28 AM »
Not just any car club. It must be a fully registered/recognised participant in the "Red Plate" system !
Macka would know more, send him a U2U.
Johnno;

Offline Dad

• Worked
insurance (again)
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 01:42:05 PM »
Quote from: jbrucem1 link=topic=13299.msg137425#msg137425

No...I probably wouldn't drive the Mustang more than 90 days a year, but my justification for full rego is that I can take my car where I want, when I want and for what ever reason I want.

I haven't looked into the club reg, but if want to go and be a poser at the drive-in one night, I can't on a club reg can I ?

Offline jbrucem1

• Worked
insurance (again)
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 01:59:51 PM »
thats where the rules have changed.you can use your car for whatever you want, whenever you want a maximum of 90 times/year

5 little short trips in one day is completely fine, can do as many or as little K's in a single day as you want

The rego fee is $80 v's what $450??
Club membership i think around $80, with the benefit of being part of the Mustang Club (a good thing i Think)
Insurance would be nearly half price from memory (could be wrong there)

Minimum saving of $500/yr?

Offline Pinto Pete

• Blue Printed
  • Name: Nigel
insurance (again)
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 03:32:11 PM »
club rego works out fine for me as I'm only home 1 week in 5 so should be able to drive nearly day I'm home if I want. Was quoted $170.00 full comprehensive agreed value and keep the wreck
It is far easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
insurance (again)
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 05:05:37 PM »
Yep new log books will be issued next month for everyone on the scheme already irrespective of when it expires.  So it means that if your club scheme permit expires in JUne this year will mean that you'll have 90 days use until the renewal is issued and the 90 days will start all over again for the next year,

If you want to transfer from full rego to club, you can get a refund on the current reg.  There will be no stamp duty required, just a RWC issued and an inspection from me or Graham.  Part of the agreement will be with the club that you include & attend at least 4 events with it.

From the first of Feb, you'll have to record whenever your car leaves the garage address,  You'll be able to do as many trips in one day to where ever you like and this can be done up the 90 days.   You'll also be covered moving the car around within 100 metres  of your address without having to fill your log book for  those that may have dual driveways or you have to move cars around.  If your car is over 25 years old and you don't drive it every day then its a great step forward.

Remember that it is conditional registration that only applies to club members and is there for members to best use their cars so that they can be driven.  Do not abuse the system or it will be taken away from us.

Offline IGALOP

• Pegasus
insurance (again)
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 05:11:18 PM »
You tell 'em Macka!:smile01:
Johnno;

Offline Ossie

• Stallion
insurance (again)
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 08:24:14 PM »
Thanks, will check it out with VicRoads, l was referring to the Vic chapters of the Alfa and Ferrari clubs so lm sure they are recognised as such as plenty of cars in each club on club reg.

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
insurance (again)
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 09:35:56 PM »
Ozzie, you can check to see if your clubs are listed as club scheme holders on the VicRoads site.  A club can register any car but may have restrictions depending on its own constitution.  

Offline danpony66

• Thoroughbred
insurance (again)
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 09:58:27 PM »
Great explanation Macka.
Looking forward to the start of Feb!

Offline Ossie

• Stallion
insurance (again)
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 11:57:35 PM »
Yes good point, will check that out too.  Thanks

Offline Macka

• Shelby
  • Vic member 1571
insurance (again)
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2011, 02:56:58 PM »
Dani, there is nothing stopping you switching across early.  Save the rush.

Offline danpony66

• Thoroughbred
insurance (again)
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2011, 09:33:22 AM »
Quote from: Macka link=topic=13299.msg137511#msg137511
Dani, there is nothing stopping you switching across early.  Save the rush.

I switched over back in Nov Macka, Mr Folwell did it at the Bundoora concours for me so I could beat the rush. Just wondering about getting the log book so I can start the new scheme on Feb 1. I'd noticed on the AOMC web site that they say they're sending log books to the Feb renewals and though I'd check how/when I can get one.

I guess we'll hear more at the meeting next week?

Visit Custom Mustangs