Author Topic: 1967 Wheel Alignment Specs????  (Read 583 times)

Offline Noel

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
1967 Wheel Alignment Specs????
« on: July 24, 2013, 07:37:56 PM »
I've just finished restoring my 67 coupe which is intended for road use which I need to w/align the car is L/hand drive with p/steer 17x8 wheels fitted with 235x40 tyres I'm looking for the best w/alignment spec's & suggestions.
Your help would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards,
Noel

Offline shaunp

• Boss
Re: 1967 Wheel Alignment Specs????
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 08:16:04 PM »
I've just finished restoring my 67 coupe which is intended for road use which I need to w/align the car is L/hand drive with p/steer 17x8 wheels fitted with 235x40 tyres I'm looking for the best w/alignment spec's & suggestions.
Your help would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards,
Noel

1/8" toe in, -0.5 camber and as much caster as you can get till the wheels clip the front edge of the guards but you need a minimum of +3deg caster for it to steer well. If you take out the front upper wish bone bolt where it bolts to the shock tower and replace it with a longer one, about 3/8 longer, you can then stick a couple 1/8 shims in there, this will allow more caster before the wheels touch the arch, if you can get + 5 or 6 caster it will drive like a champ.

Offline Noel

• L Plates
  • I'm new here
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 06:13:02 PM »
Thanks for the info shaunp I'll go with your advice if I require any further information I'll contact you & thanks again

Regards,
Noel

Offline shaunp

• Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 07:18:10 PM »
Thanks for the info shaunp I'll go with your advice if I require any further information I'll contact you & thanks again

Regards,
Noel

If it's all together you'll have trouble changing the top bolt, but you'll get 1 X 1/8 shim in there with original bolt. Also take the spacer tubes out of the caster bar bushes at the front and cut an 1/8" off them this will help maintain lower arm location under brakes & Throttle. At the end of the day the more caster the better, it will give it directional stability and make the steering heavier.

Visit Bosskraft

Visit Custom Mustangs

Visit Custom Mustangs