Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Members Cars / Re: Smally's 66 Coupe
« Last post by Dwayne on Today at 08:24:01 AM »
I think he's just using the blocks to see what the diff drops look like before ordering the new springs.
Members Cars / Re: Smally's 66 Coupe
« Last post by mcarnage59 on Today at 08:19:11 AM »
Yeah it does look a lot better from different angles. I have a set of 2" blocks to try out in the rear to see how it sits. Probably be too low so might cut them down a bit.

Actually I think the whole wheel and tyre selection thing is a raffle. When I purchased my car I understood it to be a straight up C code. Before I had even picked it up I purchased Wheel Vintique styled steel wheels 15 x 7 4.25 back space and TA's 215/60. I asked the mechanic doing the roadworthy to put them on so that the car arrived at home with the wheels (mainly so the misses didnt know I'd purchased them later"in addition") All my research said they should be like a dick in a gumboot.

When he put them on the original drums they hit the upper control arm and the wheels studs were too short (barely a nut width of thread). :cry:

So the car came home without them. I fitted front disc brakes that fixed the stud length and trimmed the upper arm back a little. After a camber adjustment they fitted, although in extreme conditions I have had the tyre catch the lip of the front guard. So I think it can be a bit of a raffle. I often think about going to 17" torque thrusts as I love the look of that convertible which has similar Coys rims and would probably just go 205 frt with a beefy rears. But would hate to buy the rims and tyres and have all sorts of fitment issues.
BTW I am no means expert but I think I have read that it is much better to go with mid eye of reverse eye springs than use the lowering blocks. Perhaps someone that knows a lot more than me will comment.
Mustang Chat Room / Re: Super cheap Calendar 2018 in the top 40
« Last post by Bucks on Today at 08:02:51 AM »
thanks to all have who voted  :thumb: :thumb:
Victoria / MOCA Vic Raffle
« Last post by Herman on Today at 07:24:22 AM »
At this year's Mustang Round Up. MOCA Vic will be running a raffle.
1st prize $2500 travel voucher.
2nd prize $1000 travel voucher.
3rd prize $500 Tyrepower voucher kindly donated by Tuckett's Tyrepower in Hastings.

Tickets are $5 each.
You can purchase your tickets from Bob Opperman +61417340652 or you can purchase them on Sunday.
Tech Torque Pre 1973 / Re: 1970 Mach 1
« Last post by bigmal on Today at 07:04:17 AM »
Are you able to post a couple of pictures. Always keen to see a new stang arriving.
Come along and catch up with your NSW Brethren.

Staying at Quest Wodonga (02) 6043 8300, (book directly and mention the Mustang Club)

Dinner in the beautiful Huon Hill Restaurant Saturday night

& Sunday, our show and shine at Junction Place, just down the road.

Call Tony on 0411406760 for details
Come along and catch up with your VIC Brethren.

Staying at Quest Wodonga (02) 6043 8300, (book directly and mention the Mustang Club)

Dinner in the beautiful Huon Hill Restaurant Saturday night

& Sunday, our show and shine at Junction Place, just down the road.

Call Tony on 0411406760 for details
Mustang Chat Room / Re: Super cheap Calendar 2018 in the top 40
« Last post by peter9231 on Today at 12:20:58 AM »
Done,
Good Luck.
« Last post by Mihli on Yesterday at 11:11:31 PM »
Thanks lads.
Appreciate the advise.
Mik
« Last post by BAC on Yesterday at 10:27:19 PM »
Engine number maybe up where the starter motor bolts on .

If it's a Metuchen built car (letter 'T' in the second character of the VIN) then that's where it's likely to be.  :thumb:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Visit Custom Mustangs