Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Parts For Sale By Private Sellers / Re: 67 GTA for sale
« Last post by mwizz on Today at 09:02:31 PM »
Put some pics up Rocky it sounds like a nice car
I know this is going back a bit, but are these springs still available?
Wanted To Buy / Re: Need a Distributor for 302 windsor
« Last post by 32pete on Today at 08:54:18 PM »
Ray pm sent  Pete
Tech Torque Pre 1973 / Re: Thermostat
« Last post by mcarnage59 on Today at 08:10:45 PM »
New sender is just different I reckon

Yep I agree and I took the actual with the infrared so am happy with the current condition. Certainly notice true performance increase with the manifold and carb. It went super today. I modified the bell crank kick down to suit the Holley accelerator linkage and its all worker very nicely.
« Last post by shaunp on Today at 04:17:58 PM »
New sender is just different I reckon
Parts For Sale By Private Sellers / 67 GTA for sale
« Last post by rocky on Today at 04:13:32 PM »
67 GTA CONVERTAB
White with parchment upholstery
One owner for past 21 years
RHD on full NSW registration (1 February 2018)
Engine and C4 transmission fully rebuilt and only driven 8000 km
Full bare metal re-spray
Many new and rebuilt components including, but not limited to:
Power Steering
Upholstery
Carpet
Electric Powered Roof with new hydraulics
Luggage Rack
Wood Rimmed Sports Steering Wheel
Magnum 500 Wheels
Console
Heater
Tinted Windows
Kelsey Hayes Braking System
All new rubbers and hoses
Seatbelts
Brant Immobiliser System

For further information telephone 0408 244 522 or 0409 828 314
« Last post by mcarnage59 on Today at 03:56:20 PM »
With a 160 the thermostat opens at 160 deg and if the engine runs hotter than 160 which it should it stays open .  A 180 opens at 180 deg and that's around where the engine temp should be 180-190 deg NOT at 160 deg . Don't depend on old temp gauges that show cold to hot ,because what does that mean ? . Don't run a old 8 lb cap either ,12-14 lb is better .  The thermostat opens and closers to maintain the engine temp .

Yep I understand the function. I have a 180 in at the moment which we put in when I did the performer inlet and new carby. Also put a new temp sending and it is in a slightly different location than in the previous stock 2 bbl manifold. The ďgaugeĒ is indicating higher than it used to but as Iíve described there are a lot of change points so I dont think that means much. I measured the manifold with an infrared just behind the thermo housing after a solid run today and it was 180. The bottom hose a tick over 160 so I think that confirms its operating exactly as it should. It does ride up a little in traffic though. I was Just wondering why Iíve heard people taste about using 160 degree t stat and the pros and cons.  :cheers:
« Last post by scollist on Today at 02:39:04 PM »
Glenn is right - the thermostat is there to get to and maintain a minimum temperature, not to keep a set temperature or maximum.

The actual temperature will depend on tune, engine build (cam and other components like compression) etc.

The faster you get to the car's normal operating temperature the better - less wear and tear on the engine.  Glenn says 180 is around where your engine operating temp should be, so a 180 thermostat would be the way to go.
« Last post by GLENN 70 on Today at 02:16:23 PM »
With a 160 the thermostat opens at 160 deg and if the engine runs hotter than 160 which it should it stays open .  A 180 opens at 180 deg and that's around where the engine temp should be 180-190 deg NOT at 160 deg . Don't depend on old temp gauges that show cold to hot ,because what does that mean ? . Don't run a old 8 lb cap either ,12-14 lb is better .  The thermostat opens and closers to maintain the engine temp .
Tech Torque Pre 1973 / Thermostat
« Last post by mcarnage59 on Today at 01:52:20 PM »

I am interested to understand the benefit or difference using a 160 degree t stat v a 180?

Is a std 65 cooling system capable of operating efficiently enough to support a 160 t stat? Or will it basically open in hot weather and remain open?

Anyway interested in opinions.

Cheers
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Visit Custom Mustangs