Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Tech Torque Pre 1973 / Re: 331 stroker build
« Last post by barnett468 on Today at 01:07:23 AM »
oh boy, this will be fun . you will get lots of great suggestions but to start with i would use a holley carb.

how far do you want to rev it?

what is your trans?

what is your gear ratio?

do you want a mild, moderate, or nasty idle?

do you want a roller cam?

you will need around 10.0 compression irregardless of what you do.

yes, porting those particular heads will help.

300 hp is achievable with those heads but the more power you have the less bottom end it will have and the rougher the idle will be.

Tech Torque Pre 1973 / Re: 68 Mustang with 67 Side flutes
« Last post by barnett468 on Today at 12:57:31 AM »
Original colour was Highland green

Sure looks like silver paint to me on the bottom side of your rear quarter panel but it could also be bare metal, it's hard to tell with your low rez photos.

Tech Torque Pre 1973 / Re: 68 Mustang with 67 Side flutes
« Last post by barnett468 on Today at 12:50:14 AM »
Unfortunately your photos are useless because the resolution is way too low.
Tech Torque Pre 1973 / Re: Seat belts in SA
« Last post by unilec5544 on Yesterday at 11:14:48 PM »
Stick with the original lap belts, if you fit retractable, I know in WA you need approval.
Tech Torque Pre 1973 / 331 stroker build
« Last post by roberta on Yesterday at 10:55:51 PM »
So been buying things to build new motor for my 65 vert.....I want to use the items I have and looking for any advice to ensure a balanced setup....I have gt40p heads and a virgin bore 289 to work with....(i know alum heads will be much better...but not the look I want.)....main questions are will mech fuel pump be good enough ? ... have 600cfm autolite 4100 .. is that going to do ok ?...what size valves should I be getting into the gt40p's ? (someone suggested ferra 1.94" / 1.55" s/s)   ... should I have some porting done ?? have around 8-10k for the build...(on top of everything I have already) Because it's a cruiser just wanted a bit more torque (old 302 in it is tired/leaks and ready to retire)....was told stroker way to go...looking at 300hp
Queensland / Re: All FORD day 2017
« Last post by GLENN 70 on Yesterday at 10:29:20 PM »
Well I missed out running on all Ford day last Sunday BUT  I'm going to give it a run tomorrow at Willowbank . 12s here I come  :burnout:  I hope  :grin: 
Tech Torque Post 2015 / Re: aftermarket wheels
« Last post by Dwayne on Yesterday at 10:14:40 PM »
Plenty of wheels available, just none with our badge  :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch:
Tech Torque Pre 1973 / Seat belts in SA
« Last post by Dwayne on Yesterday at 10:13:01 PM »
At some stage I'll be going through the regency inspection process and wondering what's required for seatbelts in a 66.

The shell I've got already has all the mounts in place and they're the same size and shape of the local ADR compliant ones being sold on fleabay.

To satisfy the inspectors, do I just need to have new ADR compliant belts fitted? or will I need sign off by a licensed fitter or engineer?

« Last post by GLENN 70 on Yesterday at 10:08:07 PM »
Plenty of new mustangs running around with aftermarket wheels . Except mine  :grin:
« Last post by Dwayne on Yesterday at 09:39:38 PM »
Size, PCD and offset won't be an issue, it's Brembo clearance on the rear profile that causes the dramas.

We don't have any passenger wheels in our whole range that clear the brembos.  Yes, I know ... and it drives me nuts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Visit Custom Mustangs

Visit Custom Mustangs