Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Chat Room / Re: Lloyds auctions again
« Last post by Fitzy1980 on Today at 09:41:18 AM »
You're not allowed any more toys until you stop breaking the one's you already have.

Yes dear..  :lmao:
General Chat Room / Re: Codes, what does it mean?
« Last post by David C on Today at 09:32:59 AM »
In line with what 67FBGT said above, will the new engine number disclose the nature of the beast installed later, (assuming the vehicle has had a different motor fitted in later years)?
Technical - General / Re: 1969 mach1 - upgrading brakes
« Last post by shaunp on Today at 07:26:01 AM »
Summit racing do a rear disc kit for about $500 I think. Boofhead had them on his 65 FB, or you can use Falcon rears from AU etc , you need to make a spacer to center the caliper with the falcons.

You may find depending on what falcon calipers you have EBC may have pads, 69 Mustang brakes are pretty much the same as Falcon brakes. Girloc made the falcon calipers here under license from KH  so basically what and XY GT would have had
Tech Torque Pre 1973 / Re: Advice re Modifying a Cleveland Sump
« Last post by shaunp on Today at 07:22:22 AM »
I don't get it..... :thud: Why a company well known like RRS sell you a bolt in kit that needs everything modified to bolt in. You can not modify the sump to suit because the longer stroke of the 351 gives you no room. Why didn't RRS think of this????. I am sure once you bolted the gearbox up and raised everything in place it will give you enough clearence.
I am still baffled......why would you bother with rack and pinion? Maybe you want to experience the world of bump steer...... :bolt:

I think he is converting it to RHD, Rack is an easy option , though I dont do it that way. I have a modified drag link and XF box.
General Chat Room / Re: Codes, what does it mean?
« Last post by 67FBGT on Today at 06:52:52 AM »
Usually when someone asks 'what code is it' they are asking about the engine size; eg is it a 6, small block V8 or big block V8?
And the respective letter in the VIN tells you that and the factory's horsepower rating for that engine.
But then of course, what was originally ordered and installed by the factory, and what then later resides in the engine bay 40+ yrs later, may be totally different and not match at all!
Cool pics Stephen.
Thanks for coming out. Great night.
Mustang Chat Room / Re: Valuation from a novice perspective
« Last post by David C on Yesterday at 10:37:22 PM »
PM sent to Cadd
« Last post by Cadd on Yesterday at 10:30:07 PM »
If you dont mind me asking what was the purchase price ? :thumb:
« Last post by David C on Yesterday at 10:28:03 PM »
I hear you Cadd, I have driven many Pony's recently (16 cars to be exact) and none could compare to the 72.
Glad I was patient enough and travelled to Sydney to test drive the Mach1.
Not only does it look mean, it drives well too. :burnout:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Visit Custom Mustangs

Visit Custom Mustangs