Author Topic: Millions thanks to Chris Sinclair from SMS Performance.  (Read 811 times)

Offline MStang67

• Stallion
  • I'm new here
Millions thanks to Chris Sinclair from SMS Performance.
« on: May 20, 2017, 05:21:11 AM »
Dear All,

I would like to use the forum to thank deeply Chris from SMS Performance for everything he has done for me and my Mustang!

He is the most genuine and honest person I have been able to deal with so far and I am very pleased to see that such kind of guy still exist nowadays!!!
After going through a very long and hectic car build story with another guy whose name I will not mention here, Chris did a fantastic job in fixing the mistakes/ bad workmanship of the previous guy!  Chris had not much time to complete the work on my car but he managed to do it, working over the week ends and having very long days at his workshop!

He was and  still is  very responsive and helpful, replying to all my questions and sent me a lot of photos during his progress on my car.

Today the car is in my garage, I drove it a few times already - as advised by Chris the fuel tank that was fitted by the previous guy was full of crap and I will be fitting a new one shortly. Due to budget constraints I had to keep some work for myself but all the hard work to make the car mechanically sound and reliable has been completed by Chris.

When I will have more time, I will post some photos and maybe a full story!

Many thanks again to Chris! I owe you a few more carton of beers!!!!

Offline mustang_talk

• Worked
  • Name: George
Re: Millions thanks to Chris Sinclair from SMS Performance.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 08:19:04 AM »
Good to here some positive feedback.  :thumb:

Offline Husky65

• Worked
  • I'm new here
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 09:53:51 AM »
Hey mate,

I saw your car a few times, and like you said Chris was there working on that thing on weekends trying to meet your deadline. He put a lot of effort into that car, I'm pretty sure he had a full head of hair before you car came in. :grin:

Enjoy it mate, you deserve it after what you've been through

Offline GLENN 70

• Cobra
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2017, 09:56:33 AM »
He is always willing to help people on here and seems to be a great bloke  :thumb: except he drives a Mopar  :grin:

Offline mwizz

• Boss
  • MOCSA member #827
  • Name: Mark
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2017, 12:30:40 PM »
Great to read good news stories like this

Offline sms777

• Worked
  • Forum Sponsor
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2017, 12:07:45 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Amaury.... :thumb:
I have done my best considering the time frame you have given me and I still feel I could have done better. Your car has been through hell and given you grief for years but at the end I kept my promise and delivered your dream. Now you have it safe in your hands and it's time to enjoy.
There is plenty room for further improvements but now it's in your hands and it's the best way to get to know your new toy. It has been a pleasure working on it and it has been a challenge because the poor workmanship it has received from the previous restorer......It is a story for you to tell.
I have started my business many years ago giving up my aviation career because it's my passion working on classic muscle cars and I am an enthusiast. I will never get rich from it but satisfying customers and making friends along the way is more fun and gives me great plesure.

Once again....Thank you..I know I have made another friend..... :thumb:   
Click Banner

Offline shaunp

• Cobra
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 01:10:18 PM »
Well show us the car

Offline sms777

• Worked
  • Forum Sponsor
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 07:17:46 PM »
It ain't show car shaunp. Just a simple C code 67 coupe with a horror story which will be revealed by the owner in due time. It started with a simple trusty purchase and a glossy promising story by an individual which ended up in fraud and extortion. Few members on here know the person because there are another six or seven cars still waiting to be decided on their fate. It is still an ongoing court battle the reason I can't say any names.
The sad part is that the owner agreed for more money to be paid so the vehicle can be released by this person and in desperation contacted several forum sponsors with negative result until he found me. I agreed to take care of matters on the simple principle of trust even knowing that the poor bugger is 6000 miles away. Why everyone else refused to help him is beyond me.... :cry:   
Click Banner

Offline big al

• Worked
  • Mustang Owners Club NSW
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2017, 07:46:24 AM »
Amaury,

That is great news. You have been through an extremely difficult journey, and you have finally reached the light at the end of the tunnel. Through our several phone calls I felt your pain, and it's a shame that I was in a difficult position at the time, and unable to help you. I often wondered how you and the car were going. Now I know

Chris, you deserve a huge pat on the back and I am sure that many forum members will give you the praise that you deserve. I certainly will.

It's experiences like this that make the world a happier place

Job well done Chris!  :thumb:

:cheers:

Offline sms777

• Worked
  • Forum Sponsor
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2017, 10:03:56 AM »
Thanks for your comment big al........I appreciate it. :thumb:

Cheers..... :cheers:
Click Banner

Offline Hak

• Worked
  • FORD
  • Name: Hakan
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2017, 01:25:37 PM »
Some what a happy ending then, its sad to see how many crooks are out there pretending to be mechanics.  :itsnotfair:  Good work mate
71 Mach 1 Mustang PWETER 351 4V CLEVELAND NUMBER MATCHING
FGX XR8 SPRINT FOR SALE
FGX XR6 SPRINT FOR SALE

Visit Custom Mustangs

Visit Custom Mustangs